McDonald's Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 3, 2017

1.9

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Interview

The usual interview process where I met with multiple people on three occasions. Similar questions asked at each round. They were kind and warm, but not creative. The office smelled like fries.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mauston, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McDonald's (Mauston, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied through indeed for a management position at McDonald's. The position promised health benefits, a 401K plan, and paid holidays. I was called two days later to set up an interview. Upon showing up to my interview I was informed that McDonald's does not hire managers and only hires crew members. I was also told that although McDonald's supports and understand parents that have special needs the hours I was willing to work because of my daughter would not allow me to advance in the company.

Interview Questions

• What made me decide to become part of the McDonald's family?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McDonald's in February 2017.

Interview

Information on training program was very hard to obtain from interviewer. I was told that the schedule was subject to change on a weekly basis. Interviewer was very enthusiastic regarding working for the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have your food handlers certification?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewing was comfortable and manager was friendly. Asked several questions. About taking jewelry out if have facial Piercings. Could I supply a hair net if needed. Have transportation to work,etc.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was not given a salary at the time

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh Hills, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at McDonald's (Raleigh Hills, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

I went to the site and applied for the job
    Was contacted later by phone to set up the interview
    Situational questions/behavioral type questions were then asked to me
    Availability discussed
    I accepted the job offer at the end of the interview and was sent to a training center

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer complained that their food was cold?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at McDonald's (Fontana, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

First we talked about my current experience as a part time cashier and all the good and bad things i did as a cashier. then we talked about how me efforts could have been improved as constructive criticism. After the interview I waited for a response.

Anonymous Employee in Algonac, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Algonac, MI).

Interview

Well, the interview is really easy, they do a 2 stage interview. The initial interview is with one of the department managers, or the Store Manager, then they check your references, then they set up a second interview with you to have with their Area Supervisor. Quite a few different types of questions are asked. But mainly as long as you show up on time, are dressed nice, and respectful, and show that you are a people person, you are more than likely going to get hired.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions we asked was, Tell us abut a time that you worked in a group or team setting, and something did not go right as planned.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

Very easy lowball questions. Why are you leaving, greatest strength, greatest weakness etc. offer on the spot. They move a lot of people through and people quit often so always hiring

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at McDonald's (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I went to an interview and interviewed with the regional directed, he asked pretty straightforward questions and the interview went smoothly. I saw an ad online and that is how I applied and they invited me for an interview in the store.

Interview Questions

• what do you like to do in free time, basic resume stuff, asked about my background   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

Went into mcdonalds and they were like no we dont need another manager and I said well i would be a relaly good manager you are missing out and they were like lol no we dont want a manager the one we have is good

Interview Questions

• Why do you think u should be manager   1 Answer