McDonald's McDonalds Crew Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McDonald's McDonalds Crew Interview Questions

Interviews at McDonald's

1.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (Horsham, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied here because the owner of a few local McDonald's asked me why I wasn't working there. He got me to apply and I was really looking forward to it. I hoped that if I got the job my parents would stop bugging me about getting a summer job.

I received a phone call within only a day or so. I was really happy! I went there at 9:00 AM to meet the hiring manager. She seemed real nice and I answered my questions honestly. She seemed to like me until we got to my availability. I am taking two classes over the summer, so during the week I wouldn't be able to work before noon and after 5pm. The 5pm restriction was only on two days of the week.

I walked out of the restaurant feeling unhappy. The woman had said that I seem like a nice person, or as she put it a "sweetheart." I could tell that she was trying to be nice, but she wasn't so sure because of my hours.

Two days later, when I had put the interview out of my mind, I recieved a call from her. I couldn't answer because I was in class, but when I listened to the message she left I felt really hopeful again. She gave no indication that she was going to reject my application.

When I talked to her, she said that she couldn't find a time that i could work there, but my application would be kept on file for 90 days, and if they needed me they might call. This was a horrible blow to my inflated hopes. It made me feel the complete opposite, and I had to force myself out of my horrible mood.

Honestly, if I had 90 days to just wait around and stay jobless, I wouldn't have applied to McDonald's in the first place. I do need money. Fortunately I don't have bills to pay, but since I had to leave my last job I have almost completely emptied my savings to buy books, gas, and lunch at school.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite job? Why?   1 Answer
  • What is your availability?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlton, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McDonald's (Charlton, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

i applied online they called me back 9 minutes after. i went their for an interview the lady was so disorganization and hired everyone on the spot but me she pretty much rushed me out of the mcdonalds to hire the next person and i was the only one she had to check work refernces with .

Anonymous Employee in Acworth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Acworth, GA).

Interview

The first interview was very simple. I brought my resume and dressed professionally. I was asked why I wanted to work there, How did I handle an angry, difficult customer and If I was able to work nights.

McDonalds Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McDonald's in January 2013.

Interview

I got called back two days after applying online. It only took one interview and it was fast and probably due to the company being slightly desperate for employees. It never felt like an actual interview but maybe it was because the employer saw that i was friendly to the crew already employed there.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McDonald's (Baltimore, MD) in September 2011.

Interview

I submitted an application via the in-store hiring computer and was called in for an interview within 2 day and got the job within a week. I dress up formally and they appreciated that and they liked that I had a lot of volunteer work on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellenwood, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's (Ellenwood, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

My hiring and interview process contained a one on one interview and talking to the tax credit office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's (Gainesville, FL) in July 2009.

Interview

The interview process is so short that they can't really know or remember much about you. They use a questionnaire that is terrible in finding out someone's personality. The questionnaire doesn't really hire good people. The hiring process is completely random. I had to go to every interview to get this job.

Interview Questions

• How long would I be in Gainesville and where do I plan on going to college?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's (Sacramento, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Went through two different interviews. Basically asked team based question and questions based on your experience and what you would do in a few situations. Got called in the next day telling me to attend an orientation. Orientation was pretty straight forward, a lot of reading and documents to fill out such as tax forms and and contracts. After the orientation I called in and the manager started off giving me around 4-8 hours that week then later on progressed.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for McDonald's   1 Answer

McDonalds Crew Interview

Interview

Interview was very relaxed, with no difficult questions asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Titusville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (Titusville, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

I had to call the store after I put in my application and ask for an interview which we did that day. I told them I how much I loved people and a fast environment and I got the job right there! I then had to go to a four hour (payed) training. (wear black pants and black non-slip shoes)

Interview Questions

• What I do to relive stress.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No I was not able to negotiate.