McDonald's Shift Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 30, 2017

1.8

60 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bel Air, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McDonald's (Bel Air, MD).

Interview

We met up at a McDonald's. We sat in the back. The interview was with the district manager, the store was a busy store, he apologized for the noise. Very courteous, and engaged with the crew. We sat by the window, I think he observes if you smile, how well dressed you come to the interview. You have to understand fast food restaurants jobs, are still jobs. The person before me came in with jeans and a t-shirt. The manager was dress pants, dress shirt and tie. He was not impressed.

Interview Questions

• If a customer came to the counter irate, how would you handle the situation if you have multiple orders at the window?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McDonald's (Newport News, VA).

Interview

I waited about an hour in the lobby for the hiring manager to come out. She looked over my resume and letter of recommendation. Then she asked pretty basic questions: Strenghts/weakness, why McDonald's, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Shift Manager Interview

Interview

I was looking on Craigslist for a new job since I wanted to leave my current job and so I saw that McDonald's was having open interviews a few day's later as part of a new program that they were starting with hiring manager's from the outside and so I went and filled out a application then I was interviewed by 2 people one of them being the person that's in charge of the program and the other one being the regional supervisor and they both took turns asking me questions and honestly it felt more like a couple of friend's just having a conversation as compare to being in a interview and so they told me that the area supervisor would have to go review the applications and do reference checks and they will let me know by the end of the week where I stand in the process and so the next day the general manager of the location I applied to work at called me and asked me if I can come in later on that same day for my second interview and so I showed up and I was interviewed by 3 people (general manager, shift manager, and hiring manager) and they all took turns asking me questions and then I was hired as a crew member with the potential to become a crew trainee (depending on how well I do).

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do when your not at work ?   1 Answer
    • do you have reliable transportation to come to work ?   1 Answer
    • have you ever had to work with someone in a certain area before ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fulton, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (Fulton, MS) in September 2016.

Interview

Hiring online and then the owner will bring applications to store to give GM ....
    Then we go through applications an call for interviews ...
    An the hiring manager will interview and send for drug test and then we wait ..

Interview Questions

• Hours and days i could or would work. If i had a problem with them   1 Answer

Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Quick and easy. Got the job on the spot. It was an open interview though and had to wait a long time in-store before actual interview. I was the only one dressed for the interview and during my interview we mostly spoke about others.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Easy-going, traditional questions, liberal interviewer, she did not force answers out of me and was receptive to my feelings. She was professional and asked all the right questions. Was patient. The pre-interview paperwork involved was very extensive and tedious and so much time to fill out the questionnaires and do the computer assessment and what-not. Her biggest concern was if I possessed empathy, and my experience with leading a team over 20 people at a time, and if I had experience with daily paperwork and reports.

Interview Questions

• How long have I been leading others in restaurant setting?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ocean Springs, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McDonald's (Ocean Springs, MS) in December 2015.

Interview

I looked over app that was submitted online, filed out permission for a background check, and answered 5 math problems.
    Pay rate of $9.25 was discussed, and a few papers signed.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was familiar with all areas of the store and would be successful placed in any position in the store.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's (Iowa City, IA).

Interview

Interview seemed pointless in the grand scheme of things. It is more likely that there is only an interview because of some kind of tradition -- either that or to see if the person is has any hint of self control because this job requires absolutely no skill whatsoever.

Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

I thought it was rather basic. I came in, they asked about my credentials and qualifications. They let me ask questions. We chatted for about 30-40 minutes. Really, at this level, it is about making sure people are responsible. Then we talked about when I could start, which was ASAP!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was pretty basic. They gave me an hourly number. I said yes.

Anonymous Employee in Cape Coral, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Cape Coral, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

I transferred from one franchise to another so I really can't comment on how their interview process is but it's not hard, it's a standard interview like with any employer.

Interview Questions

• Whats the most difficult situation you've been in and how did you handle it?   Answer Question