McFadyen Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McFadyen Solutions Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College, AK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McFadyen Solutions (College, AK) in July 2015.

Interview

1st round : 45 MCQs ( 35 aptitude wich includes quantitative, logical and verbal , 10 core Java questions - all of which were from the oracle SE6 certification examination - moderately easy)
    2nd round : personal interview ( general questions and puzzles - no technical questions unless it is highlighted in your resume , they do not expect you to know Java (which is the primary language their frameworks run on - training will be provided) logical thinking is what they look for and problem solving ability.

Interview Questions

• Given 'n' players, and 2 players play a Match and the winner of the match plays with another winner. The process continues until there's one winner. How many matches are played in total. ( given 'n' is a power of 2)   1 Answer
    • Write a SQL query to find the 2nd largest number in a column.   1 Answer
    • Explain binary sort.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McFadyen Solutions (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Hiring process consisted of 4 rounds:
    1. Aptitude test (Online aptitude just like any other test done online)
    2. Technical round 1 (Mostly puzzles were asked with basic programming ques. from C++, Data Structures etc.)
    2. Technical round 2 (Emphasis was not on the syntax of the code but more on the concept and our problem soving skills.)
    3. HR round (typical HR round ques. like your strengths and weakness, what do you like about the organisation? etc.)
    4. Managerial round (Similar to HR but the manager was the one asking the questions)

Interview Questions

• A puzzle, Make 4 triangles using 6 matchsticks without breaking or bending them.   1 Answer

UI Developer Interview

Interview

I applied through campus placement,the first round was a written test consisting mostly of aptitude questions and a few questions on java and web design basics like HTML etc.After the written round, they had an essay round (not an elimination) followed by technical interview, HR and a final round of interviews at their office. I don't know much about the final round as I didn't clear the HR.

Interview Questions

• questions on academic projects   Answer Question
    • questions based on your resume,for non CS students the technical round should be fairly easy.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McFadyen Solutions.

Interview

Took 2 days. Started off with an aptitude round after which 30 were selected from 150.
    Then there was a written essay round clubbed with a technical interview. Around 13 cleared for HR round. After HR round, 8 were shortlisted for final round at their office. 5 were given offers.

Full Time Hiring Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at McFadyen Solutions in August 2015.

Interview

First round was online test. There was 45 ques. Last 10 were from java. Since I did not know java,I answered 35 ques properly which were fairly easy
    I cleared first round.2nd was interview which included gen ques like tell me abt itself,where do u see our self 5 years from now etc.they asked abt my project and some 4 puzzles from easy to very difficult, also asked c based ques which I could not answer,I did not get through for next round but experience was nice
    But remember coding is v imp which is why I got rejected.

Interview Questions

• 25 horses are there. 5 horses race at a time.what is the minimum no of races needed to decide 1,2 and 3 rd among all 25??   1 Answer
    • make 1000 using 8 eights. you can use any operator?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McFadyen Solutions (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

The first round was an online test. It consisted of 45 mcq questions. Aptitude - 35 questions which covered quantitative aptitude, verbal reasoning, english, analytical thinking. Last 10 questions were from java. I wasn't shortlisted for the next round. But they shortlisted 30-40 students out of 250 who appeared for the test. The shortlisted students had to go through 2 technical interviews and a HR interview. 9 were offered a job.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

Interview

Company took hirepro test for aptitude, java and communication skills. After that two rounds of interview. Aptitude test level was very simple and in interview they were more interested in checking the problem solving skills. They also asked about projects done in college also about the experience gained while working as a team.

Interview Questions

• Tell something about application of Object oriented programming.   Answer Question

Software Engineer/Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McFadyen Solutions (Thiruvananthapuram (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

pretty easy....time management for aptitude will be important.it was a nice experience..you wouldnt feel that you are in an interview...practice on aptitude questions from online sites like indiabix,freshersworld,etc...i think it would be a nice place to work in...But they would look for only few students...it may not be a bulk recruitment

Interview Questions

• whether going for higher studies   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McFadyen Solutions.

Interview

I had been for interview in Bangalore Location, interview went well.they did not get back to me with any updates, when i followed up with concerned recruiter, he was very not responding and was very unprofessional.I don't know what was wrong with him,he was not ready to share the feedback nor he was ready to talk.

Ecommerce Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McFadyen Solutions (Thiruvananthapuram (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

2 Technical rounds and then the VP level interview and HR
    Technical round was taken by an arrogant guy, who thinks well of himself and all others have a GAAAPin there understanding. Interviewer will give you no chance to settle down, never gives any positive feedback or approves whether the answer was correct. On the otherside quick to pouch on incorrect ones and will drill down further to embarras you (even if its not related to the field that you are going to work on- imagine a BA being interiewd for DB design and table/SP structures)
    Never gives you the feeling that they are intrested in you (attended in weekend may in a hurry to leave i guess:). Felt like the attempt was to make you feel low, incapable and then build on that for further rounds (dont know if its tactic to negotiate)
    Exhibition of arrogance was the highlight above all....surprisingly this guy shortlisted me for next round though the damage was already done, decided not join before facing next round.

Interview Questions

• Scrum, DB tables creation, UML diagrams, Flowchart comparision with other charts, userstories and product backlog creation/management, ATG, ecommerce etc   Answer Question