McGill University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McGill University Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2016

2.4

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McGill University in April 2016.

Interview

Online application, quick email and transcript based. References not needed. Position is mostly guaranteed to graduate students. Very simple and straightforward, no tricks. Professor was very helpful and guided my way through.

The position was offered on a college informational postboard. Nothing much was required for application besides being a graduate student, and an A/A- in the course if you took it while at McGill.

Application was painless and easy. Interview in a week, offer in another week-ish.

Interview Questions

• Q: In what ways have you helped reach out and mentor students in your undergrad?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGill University.

Interview

It focuses mainly on your previous research and on how it matches with the requirements of the project in hand. It is possible that you will be asked to write a proposal also.

Interview Questions

• You would be asked to prepare a presentation on your previous works and papers   Answer Question

Sustainability Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very easy-going, about 10 questions with 3 different people in the room. Eager to converse about the mandate, and ready to answer questions about the position. They were willing to give feedback on how this position suited me. Questions were fairly simple - it was easy to give a clear pitch and speak to strengths. They asked some situational questions - about stressful or leadership experience.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the personal qualities that someone in this role should have?   1 Answer

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at McGill University.

Interview

I initially submitted my application in March or April. In August, I was asked to meet with the instructor prior to the beginning of the academic term. I was asked and about my general availability during the semester. Was also asked whether I had prior experience as a TA or tutor.

Interview Questions

• A few basic questions about my personal experience with the course as a student (i.e. how well I did)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Practically no interview process; attended a faculty networking speed-dating event.
    The professors were very kind and clearly in need of additional research assistants. As I was applying in the Computer Science faculty, where there is a lack of CS researchers, it was likely easy to get a position.

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Discussion over technical details required to solve an engineering problem to be worked upon. Negotiations regarding salary and contract terms. Discussions about my research work at the university. I was appreciated for my thoughts and communication skills along with my technical skills.

Interview Questions

• Details about the previous work.   1 Answer

Marketing Committee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was incredibly positive. The questions were analytical, not too tough, well-prepared & gave plenty of room for expanding on ideas. The conversation developed naturally, thereby showing that the interviewers were well equipped and knew exactly what they wanted. It was a welcoming experience.

Interview Questions

• What new & innovative ideas or plans would you incorporate under the AUS given the role you are applying for and how exactly would you execute them?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGill University.

Interview

Received a call from HR a couple of weeks after submitting an application online. Went in for an interview a week later, and had an offer that same day. Overall, was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience dealing with disgruntled clients?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Basically Emailed the profs that you are curious about their research, send your cv and once they reply you back get in touch with them in a conversational language. Ask them questions about their research, show your interest on it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why are you interested on my research?   Answer Question

Convocation Usher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

You got interviewed by the head ushers who were extremely kind individuals. They made you feel very comfortable and the environment was generally very casual. They wanted to assess whether you could react well to difficult situations and whether you had a genuine interest in the role. They took on quite a number of employees so the application process was not difficult.

Interview Questions

• Team building games and why you applied for such position.   Answer Question