McGill University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McGill University Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.4

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at McGill University.

Interview

I've applied do over 150 administrative position at McGill and have landed 5 interviews where i was called back for a second interview for each. At the end of the day no matter how amazing your qualifications, they always choose the internal candidate. All five interviews included 3 interviewers and never ending situational questions.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McGill University.

Interview

Very standard interview process for the department of Anatomy. They asked about ten questions in an on-line form about your background and experiences. They also want to know your grade and involvement on campus. They really like students that they are familiar with. I am not sure how carefully they look at the individual questions however because they tend to just hire candidates that they know at the end of the day.

Master Student Interview

Interview

Technical talk, research experiences, competition involved, and english ability.

PhD Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Had the chance to meet the professor for whom I worked during an internship of my MSc. It's always a good idea to know the Prof before actually applying. Once he said that he wanted me to stay, we discussed the research topic in more detail and submitted a formal application through McGill website.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McGill University in April 2016.

Interview

Online application, quick email and transcript based. References not needed. Position is mostly guaranteed to graduate students. Very simple and straightforward, no tricks. Professor was very helpful and guided my way through.

The position was offered on a college informational postboard. Nothing much was required for application besides being a graduate student, and an A/A- in the course if you took it while at McGill.

Application was painless and easy. Interview in a week, offer in another week-ish.

Interview Questions

• Q: In what ways have you helped reach out and mentor students in your undergrad?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGill University.

Interview

It focuses mainly on your previous research and on how it matches with the requirements of the project in hand. It is possible that you will be asked to write a proposal also.

Interview Questions

• You would be asked to prepare a presentation on your previous works and papers   Answer Question

Sustainability Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very easy-going, about 10 questions with 3 different people in the room. Eager to converse about the mandate, and ready to answer questions about the position. They were willing to give feedback on how this position suited me. Questions were fairly simple - it was easy to give a clear pitch and speak to strengths. They asked some situational questions - about stressful or leadership experience.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the personal qualities that someone in this role should have?   1 Answer

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at McGill University.

Interview

I initially submitted my application in March or April. In August, I was asked to meet with the instructor prior to the beginning of the academic term. I was asked and about my general availability during the semester. Was also asked whether I had prior experience as a TA or tutor.

Interview Questions

• A few basic questions about my personal experience with the course as a student (i.e. how well I did)   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Practically no interview process; attended a faculty networking speed-dating event.
    The professors were very kind and clearly in need of additional research assistants. As I was applying in the Computer Science faculty, where there is a lack of CS researchers, it was likely easy to get a position.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Discussion over technical details required to solve an engineering problem to be worked upon. Negotiations regarding salary and contract terms. Discussions about my research work at the university. I was appreciated for my thoughts and communication skills along with my technical skills.

Interview Questions

• Details about the previous work.   1 Answer