McGill University Interview Questions in Montreal, QC | Glassdoor

McGill University Interview Questions in Montreal, QC

Updated Nov 22, 2016

2.3

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

The HR person was very nice. She gave all the details related to the job. The head of department gave all the details related of the department. At the end of the intreview I really didnt have to ask questions.
    The interview was held in a vey old fashioned way, so I lost the concentration thinking: really? They still ask these questions these days?

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

There was no formal interview as my supervisor was already familiar with my work since I had been working with him for some time. As for informal interview, the job was handed to me based on performance appraisal of my previous research work. Prior to this process, my supervisor asked me some mathematical question(s) on linear algebra.

Interview Questions

• As I said in the interview process, I was mainly evaluated based on my past performance.   Answer Question

McGill Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

The Tutorial Assistant is very nice! You don't need to worry too much about the interview because as soon as you are invited in the first place, all the courses you intend to tutor were approved inclucding the reference from a professor.

Interview Questions

• How and where did you hear about our McGill Tutorial Service?   Answer Question

Laboratory Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

The HR lady phone screened me and invited me for an interview about 5 days later. There were two ladies, both of them took notes and asked questions. They asked me questions on my previous work experience and scenario-type questions as well, all tailored to the job description.

Regarding linguistic requirements, the interview was conducted in English but they did ask me something in French so if you identify that you know French on your resume, expect to be asked a question or two in French!

The entire interview took about an hour. The HR lady eventually got back to me two days later but no offer was made. Overall, it was a great experience to learn about the interview process for the academic environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background, related experience and how it contributes to the position.
      What qualities do you like and dislike in your supervisor?
      What are your future goals? And how long do you give yourself to reach it.
      Answer Question

PhD Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Had the chance to meet the professor for whom I worked during an internship of my MSc. It's always a good idea to know the Prof before actually applying. Once he said that he wanted me to stay, we discussed the research topic in more detail and submitted a formal application through McGill website.

Sustainability Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very easy-going, about 10 questions with 3 different people in the room. Eager to converse about the mandate, and ready to answer questions about the position. They were willing to give feedback on how this position suited me. Questions were fairly simple - it was easy to give a clear pitch and speak to strengths. They asked some situational questions - about stressful or leadership experience.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the personal qualities that someone in this role should have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Practically no interview process; attended a faculty networking speed-dating event.
    The professors were very kind and clearly in need of additional research assistants. As I was applying in the Computer Science faculty, where there is a lack of CS researchers, it was likely easy to get a position.

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Discussion over technical details required to solve an engineering problem to be worked upon. Negotiations regarding salary and contract terms. Discussions about my research work at the university. I was appreciated for my thoughts and communication skills along with my technical skills.

Interview Questions

• Details about the previous work.   1 Answer

Marketing Committee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was incredibly positive. The questions were analytical, not too tough, well-prepared & gave plenty of room for expanding on ideas. The conversation developed naturally, thereby showing that the interviewers were well equipped and knew exactly what they wanted. It was a welcoming experience.

Interview Questions

• What new & innovative ideas or plans would you incorporate under the AUS given the role you are applying for and how exactly would you execute them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Basically Emailed the profs that you are curious about their research, send your cv and once they reply you back get in touch with them in a conversational language. Ask them questions about their research, show your interest on it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why are you interested on my research?   Answer Question