McGill University PhD Candidate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McGill University PhD Candidate Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Had the chance to meet the professor for whom I worked during an internship of my MSc. It's always a good idea to know the Prof before actually applying. Once he said that he wanted me to stay, we discussed the research topic in more detail and submitted a formal application through McGill website.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McGill University

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

About an hour with the Pi, lab tour then 30 mins each with about 6-8 people with a break for lunch. All day interview, you give a presentation in the beginning based on your former research

Interview Questions

• WHY do you want to work here!!!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2010.

Interview

I read publications of the PI and researched their Lab techniques. I reviewed my previous research experience. I tried to be honest and natural. I was mostly asked about my previous research experience.
    i tried to give arguments for why I chose him to be as my potential supervisor and reveieled a big interest in his work

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask about the salary, the research team, and the years needed to graduate with the supervior

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2010.

Interview

By email to professors with interested field, and make sure of the follow up.

Interview Questions

• I was not challenged by any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

PhD Candidate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGill University in February 2008.

Interview

It is a proposal exam, you need to know your subject quite well