McGill University Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McGill University Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions

1.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGill University.

Interview

It focuses mainly on your previous research and on how it matches with the requirements of the project in hand. It is possible that you will be asked to write a proposal also.

Interview Questions

• You would be asked to prepare a presentation on your previous works and papers   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McGill University

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Interview

Will be question about the applications area and required skills to develop solutions.
    Then the professor will ask about the area of specialty and a couple of challenging problems solved.

Interview Questions

• About numerical methods, linear solvers, convergence rates and alike.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

i was working with my supervisor as a phd student. my supervisor needs someone to continue a project and really wants me to help out. meanwhile i am also interested in this project and already having some knowledge about it. so the interview process was very straightforward. we both agreed on the research direction and signed the agreement form.

Interview Questions

• what experiments would you design for this project
      how long will you stay   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGill University in June 2013.

Interview

It was a on site interview. A presentation was made. Talked with supervisor. Chatted with staffs and students about their research topics. Because I read their papers before the interview, I knew their research already. I had dinner with staffs and students at the end of the day.

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very fast and easy? It certainly helped that my McGill PI and me were alumni from the same University. Had one in person interview and was all set to start, the only problem was that I had to wait for my fellowship application to go through.

Interview Questions

• What have you done before? Why McGill? Why a new research topic?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2009.

Interview

A professor already knew my field of expertise and offered me a position on one of his projects. I thought about it a week or so and accepted the offer. I did not really go through an interview, it was quite informal and easy to manage.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told my future boss I would accept the position only if the salary was interesting when compared to what I would get outside academia. Given that post-docs at McGill did not pay taxes on scholarships at this time, I found his offer reasonable.