McGill University Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McGill University Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2016

2.2

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Presentation of your recent research paper, the professors asked the theory of the paper, the contribution, and the results of it. The paper contributed itself to the finance world, using big datasets and quantitative analyst.

Interview Questions

• What's the data source and how do you manage your data?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McGill University

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Practically no interview process; attended a faculty networking speed-dating event.
    The professors were very kind and clearly in need of additional research assistants. As I was applying in the Computer Science faculty, where there is a lack of CS researchers, it was likely easy to get a position.

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Discussion over technical details required to solve an engineering problem to be worked upon. Negotiations regarding salary and contract terms. Discussions about my research work at the university. I was appreciated for my thoughts and communication skills along with my technical skills.

Interview Questions

• Details about the previous work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Basically Emailed the profs that you are curious about their research, send your cv and once they reply you back get in touch with them in a conversational language. Ask them questions about their research, show your interest on it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why are you interested on my research?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McGill University in March 2013.

Interview

What was the job title or position?
    Please tell us about the recruitment and interview process.
    Please share the most difficult or unexpected question that you were asked in this interview.
    Please let us know the outcome of this interview
    Please let us know the overall experience of this interview

What was the job title or position?
    Please tell us about the recruitment and interview process.
    Please let us know the outcome of this interview
    Please let us know the overall experience of this interview

Interview Questions

• asked the questions about your cv?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

contact a professor on the phone, and asked me about my background and associated modeling skills, very causal, and brought me to a lunch.

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

It was not a difficult one. It was pretty much easier if you apply for a position based on your expertise.I liked the way the questions were posed and the interviewer was keen on testing my basics on the position I had applied for.

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I e-mailed a professor to ask for a position in her lab, we discussed my transcript and my CV and she said she would take me on as a volunteer.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to animate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for a position and she said okay.

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

I contacted the investigator I worked for via email. A meeting was scheduled in his office. We just sat down and discussed some of my research experience and scientific interests. He talked about the projects going on in the lab and some of the findings that they've published recently. Very informal process.

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Well I knew someone who was doing postdoc. I got asked a couple of questions and got in.