McGladrey LLP Assurance Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McGladrey LLP is now known as RSM. Effective Oct. 26, 2015, McGladrey united with fellow members of our global network under the common brand name RSM. RSM US LLP is the leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with more than 8,000 people in 80 offices nationwide.

McGladrey LLP Assurance Associate Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a 30-min interview on campus with a Senior and was invited for an in-office interview. Their San Francisco office is absolutely stunning! In-office interview consisted of three 30-min interviews and all were conversational. Like what most have written, they are just trying to get to know you as a person, whether you'll fit in their culture or not. I didn't get an offer so maybe i don't belong there...

Interview Questions

• Why Audit? Make sure you have an answer to this question. And make sure your answer is like a winning answer usually said in beauty pageants.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my school website. I received an email about a month later asking to come to interview. I met with three professionals. Each professional take about 30-40 minutes. They didn't ask any difficult questions. Prepare to ask plenty of questions. They briefly describe what I will be doing for this position. They replied me after two weeks of interview date.

Interview Questions

• General Interview Questions:
      -Tell me about yourself (Not on resume)
      - Why do you choose accounting?
      - Why do you choose audit over tax?
      Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

Interview

Applied on McGladrey website after seeing the position posted on my alma mater's career website. Normally would have been an on-campus interview however I graduated over a year ago so I followed up via phone with HR/Recruiter in order to get noticed because anyone more than one semester removed is not allowed to apply for campus interviews. HR was nice - told me to email my resume and transcripts and that she would forward them to hiring managers. Was contacted about a month later on a Thursday and asked to come in for an office interview the following Monday. The interview process involved 4 consecutive 30 minute interviews with partners and managers. Very conversational interviews for the most part. A couple of them asked standard questions such as "tell me about a time you worked on a group project and what the positives and negatives were" and "describe a time when you went above and beyond expectations." One of the partners talked the entire time about his knowledge of the profession and stated that he did not even look at my resume. I think that this is a firm where it really depends on who you get for your interviewer. Not the cut and dry interview procedure that some larger firms do. My guess is that they just want to know that you can communicate and are a good fit personality-wise. After several interviews, my best advice is to be yourself because that is how you will find the best fit. Know the company and ask solid questions about the profession and company culture. Display a willingness to adapt and learn.

Interview Questions

• "Talk about a time where you had a different view than a co worker on something in the work place and how you dealt with it"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Selected for an on campus interview. After on campus interview, invited for an in house interview. Cocktail party the night before. In house interview took several hours and consisted of (3) 45 minute long interviews with upper management. Treated to lunch afterword.

Overall, very pleasant experience. The interview questions were all very basic interview questions, nothing technical what-so-ever.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

I scheduled my interview through our school's on campus recruiting process. so we had a bunch of people picked for the interview. we had a pre-interview social the day before the interview. they were looking for candidates with 150 hr credit cpa eligible. it was a 1;1 interview. they were all kind.