McGladrey LLP Assurance Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McGladrey LLP Assurance Associate Interview Questions

2.6

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

First round interviews, got to chat with one of the current employees while waiting. First interview was a lot about what I was looking for. could tell interviewer was tired after interviewing all day.
Second round.. one presentation about the company, then a brief office tour, and then three interviews with different level staffs. Mostly about why McGladrey, why audit, groupwork, my knowledge about McGladrey's auditing practice, etc. Lunch after for over an hour.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2012.

Interview

Applies online and through campus career website, but what helped the most was giving them my resume at career fair. Process consisted of 45 minute interview at university- I was asked a lot about my resume, but most important part of the interview are the questions that I asked. I was notified the next week I had been accepted for the 2nd round Office Interviews. Office Interview consisted of 2- 45 minute 1 on 1 interviews with a partner and a director. They asked me very general questions about myself/resume, team work experience, "Why M&P?", "Why not big4?". Their questions lasted 5-10 mins. The rest of the time was for me to ask questions. The questions you ask are the most important part of the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I'm not sure if I could have negotiated (if I could have it was not clear), but I did not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a 30-min interview on campus with a Senior and was invited for an in-office interview. Their San Francisco office is absolutely stunning! In-office interview consisted of three 30-min interviews and all were conversational. Like what most have written, they are just trying to get to know you as a person, whether you'll fit in their culture or not. I didn't get an offer so maybe i don't belong there...

Interview Questions

• Why Audit? Make sure you have an answer to this question. And make sure your answer is like a winning answer usually said in beauty pageants.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY).

Interview

Met recruiter at career fair, was contacted for an interview a few weeks later, decided I should do the super days in end of October, was contacted 2 days after interview with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Teamwork question, 5 years question...mainly conversational.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Briefing of resume and interviewed followed with a casual conversation. It was very laid back. They were looking for someone that can handle themselves as a professional, but can carry a conversation beyond the office.

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus. The whole process took less than a week. Interviewed on campus, and then went to the office for the second round interviews later in the week. In the office, all the recruits were shown a presentation by H.R, and then each person had 3 one-on-one 30 minute interviews with managers and partners.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were asked to do something unreasonable, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

Interview

Lasted about 2 weeks. I applied through campus recruiting and interviewed on campus with a partner.

Easy interview we talked about travel.

Office visit included 3 interviews - 1 partner, 2 managers.

Partner told me that most staff leave within a year or two because that's the business structure...there are a lot less senior roles than staff roles.

No technical questions.

A lot of emphasis on teamwork.

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Went to Meet the Firms in CSULA and talked to an associate. She kindly forwarded my resume to the recruiter and eventually got an email from the HR Department. I was invited to a social the night before my interview, went through the interview process the following day. Went through 3 interviews in total. Must be prepared to answer plenty of questions and have plenty of questions to ask.

Assurance Associate Interview

Interview

I applied through my university and first had a 30 minute interview on-campus with a Partner. Then I was invited to the Company's local office to interview. I had 2 interviews, 30 minutes each, with a Partner and a Manager. The interviews were more conversational. Both individuals I interviewed with were friendly and easy to talk to. I got an offer about two days later.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any really difficult questions. Some I was asked were tell me about yourself, why McGladrey, why assurance, why the middle-market, talk about your previous internship experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, I just accepted the offer that was provided.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Spoke with them at campus career fair. I was told to apply through both the McGladrey website and the university website. Invited to campus interview and a dinner at an up-scale local restaurant the night before. Each table a the dinner was a mix of candidates, partners, and associates.

The on-campus interview was 30 minutes with a partner. Relaxed interview, went over my resume and experience. Maybe 1 behavioral question. I received an invitation for an office interview within a couple of days.

The office interview started in the morning in the conference room with all the candidates interviewing and the campus recruiters. Basic ice-breaker stuff, introducing ourselves, playing a trivia game, plans for the weekend, etc. I then had two 45 min interviews back to back. The first with a manager and the second with a partner. From what I gathered interviewers at this stage do not follow a script and the style varies from person to person. Both of my interviews were conversational (Why do you want to work here? Why accounting? Why Audit, etc.) There was maybe one behavioral question in each interview (Tell me about a time when...). If you have gotten to this point they are pretty sure you have the technical skills and they are trying to see if you are a good fit personality wise. After the interviews were over, they had some of their newer associates take us on an office tour and then out to lunch at a nice restaurant. I did not even make it back to school before the campus recruiter called and extended a job offer.