McGladrey LLP Assurance Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McGladrey LLP is now known as RSM. Effective Oct. 26, 2015, McGladrey united with fellow members of our global network under the common brand name RSM. RSM US LLP is the leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with more than 8,000 people in 80 offices nationwide.

McGladrey LLP Assurance Associate Interview Questions

2.6

Assurance Associate Interview

Interview

First interaction was at a career fair, applied for the job and was called for an interview. One on one interview got an email for an office interview within 5 days. Office interview consisted of 2 interviews and a lunch. Received offer 9 days later.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions a reasonably prepared person would find difficult, interviews were simple and more conversational.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated nothing I liked the offer and the company. It was a phone call then an acceptance via email.

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Assurance Associate Interview

Interview

I received an interview through a college recruiting event. Everyone throughout the process was very friendly. The interview lasted around an hour and was mostly informational. They ask me a lot of questions about myself and my career aspirations. Then, I was given a chance to ask questions about their firm. I would recommend being prepared with a number of questions that you might have.

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2012.

Interview

Very Simple. On campus interview, then office interview. The office interview consisted of 3 45 minute interviews with different people in the department. The interviews are very simple and laid back. They will not throw questions to make you stumble, but want to see your personality.

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Had a brief interview on campus with a recruiter, was later called in for an interview in the office. Spoke with several different employees including multiple partners. More of a discussion than an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Got referred in by an existing employee. Had a phone screening with an HR recruiter. Was recommended to come in for an interview. Interviews consist of several 1:1 interviews (basically informal discussions) with managers, directors, etc. They usually do a group of candidates on the same day and you interact with the other candidates. Most interviews end with a luncheon with several 1st or 2nd year staff employees. Overall the interview process is very smooth and their HR does a very good job of communicating with you during the process. Decisions are made surprisingly fast and offers are extended very soon after the interviews are completed.

Interview Questions

• "What is the most frustrating thing you've experienced in your current or previous job?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Selected for an on campus interview. After on campus interview, invited for an in house interview. Cocktail party the night before. In house interview took several hours and consisted of (3) 45 minute long interviews with upper management. Treated to lunch afterword.

Overall, very pleasant experience. The interview questions were all very basic interview questions, nothing technical what-so-ever.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY).

Interview

HR contacted me for interview. If you know someone in company, you have better chance of getting an interview. I was referred by another employee. Other friends of mine who had better resume and qualification than me applied through website and never heard back. There is only one interview round. It was very laid back. Regular interview questions like "tell me about yourself". Basic interview I would say.

Interview Questions

• It was a very basic and simple interview. No hard questions. The interviewer only wanted to know basic information; for example my previous job, what I did etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a reasonable rate and I accepted it.

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

I was able to skip the first round interviews because I was part of their Summer Leadership Program. First-round interviews are usually held on campus. Second round interviews were held in-office. We were first given a presentation on the different opportunities McGladrey has to offer and an office tour. Then three different people interviewed me, who were managers or directors. They really tried to make it a relaxed environment.

Interview Questions

• Honestly there were no unexpected questions, but the one I had most difficulty with was asking about a teamwork conflict from my work experience (most of my internships were individual work).   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

I applied using university career service and got a school interview. My interviewer was a audit director, very humble and soft spoken person. He was really cordial and made me very comfortable. The first question he asked me is to tell about me and what i like and do thats not in the resume.

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

Interview

Applied on McGladrey website after seeing the position posted on my alma mater's career website. Normally would have been an on-campus interview however I graduated over a year ago so I followed up via phone with HR/Recruiter in order to get noticed because anyone more than one semester removed is not allowed to apply for campus interviews. HR was nice - told me to email my resume and transcripts and that she would forward them to hiring managers. Was contacted about a month later on a Thursday and asked to come in for an office interview the following Monday. The interview process involved 4 consecutive 30 minute interviews with partners and managers. Very conversational interviews for the most part. A couple of them asked standard questions such as "tell me about a time you worked on a group project and what the positives and negatives were" and "describe a time when you went above and beyond expectations." One of the partners talked the entire time about his knowledge of the profession and stated that he did not even look at my resume. I think that this is a firm where it really depends on who you get for your interviewer. Not the cut and dry interview procedure that some larger firms do. My guess is that they just want to know that you can communicate and are a good fit personality-wise. After several interviews, my best advice is to be yourself because that is how you will find the best fit. Know the company and ask solid questions about the profession and company culture. Display a willingness to adapt and learn.

Interview Questions

• "Talk about a time where you had a different view than a co worker on something in the work place and how you dealt with it"   Answer Question