McGladrey LLP Assurance Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McGladrey LLP is now known as RSM. Effective Oct. 26, 2015, McGladrey united with fellow members of our global network under the common brand name RSM. RSM US LLP is the leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with more than 8,000 people in 80 offices nationwide.

McGladrey LLP Assurance Associate Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a 30-min interview on campus with a Senior and was invited for an in-office interview. Their San Francisco office is absolutely stunning! In-office interview consisted of three 30-min interviews and all were conversational. Like what most have written, they are just trying to get to know you as a person, whether you'll fit in their culture or not. I didn't get an offer so maybe i don't belong there...

Interview Questions

• Why Audit? Make sure you have an answer to this question. And make sure your answer is like a winning answer usually said in beauty pageants.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY).

Interview

Met recruiter at career fair, was contacted for an interview a few weeks later, decided I should do the super days in end of October, was contacted 2 days after interview with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Teamwork question, 5 years question...mainly conversational.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Met with campus recruiter and got an in office interview. Interviewed with about 11 other people. It was a really fun day. I met with two interviewers, and I felt I made a connection with each of them.

Interview Questions

• Why McGladrey and not Big 4   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Briefing of resume and interviewed followed with a casual conversation. It was very laid back. They were looking for someone that can handle themselves as a professional, but can carry a conversation beyond the office.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview was very easy. No technical questions at all. I had two rounds of interviews which were very conversational and relaxed. They were more concerned with whether or not I would fit the company culture than technical skills. Took everyone out for lunch after, overall nice process.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing you are most proud of that is not on your resume?   1 Answer

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus. The whole process took less than a week. Interviewed on campus, and then went to the office for the second round interviews later in the week. In the office, all the recruits were shown a presentation by H.R, and then each person had 3 one-on-one 30 minute interviews with managers and partners.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were asked to do something unreasonable, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Had an on campus interview which went really well! The recruiter mainly asked behavioral questions. Gave some tips on how to tackle the next round of interviews. Was invited for second round the next day.

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

Interview

Lasted about 2 weeks. I applied through campus recruiting and interviewed on campus with a partner.

Easy interview we talked about travel.

Office visit included 3 interviews - 1 partner, 2 managers.

Partner told me that most staff leave within a year or two because that's the business structure...there are a lot less senior roles than staff roles.

No technical questions.

A lot of emphasis on teamwork.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my school website. I received an email about a month later asking to come to interview. I met with three professionals. Each professional take about 30-40 minutes. They didn't ask any difficult questions. Prepare to ask plenty of questions. They briefly describe what I will be doing for this position. They replied me after two weeks of interview date.

Interview Questions

• General Interview Questions:
      -Tell me about yourself (Not on resume)
      - Why do you choose accounting?
      - Why do you choose audit over tax?
      Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2012.

Interview

Very Simple. On campus interview, then office interview. The office interview consisted of 3 45 minute interviews with different people in the department. The interviews are very simple and laid back. They will not throw questions to make you stumble, but want to see your personality.