McGladrey LLP Assurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McGladrey LLP is now known as RSM. Effective Oct. 26, 2015, McGladrey united with fellow members of our global network under the common brand name RSM. RSM US LLP is the leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with more than 8,000 people in 80 offices nationwide.

McGladrey LLP Assurance Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university and got an email letting me know that I was selected for an interview. Interviewed at my university and then contacted for an office visit.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were very conversational which is usually easy, but I prepared for behavioral questions and was a little thrown off. I included classes that I took during college on my resume and the interviewer kept asking about what I was learning. Just be prepared to talk fairly in depth about anything on your resume.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2015.

Interview

They were on campus a couple times for recruitment. They held a networking night the night before the on-campus interview. Met a lot of very friendly people who answered all my questions. The next day at the interview, they told me they were impressed with my conduct in a casual setting (networking event) and now with my conduct in a professional setting (interview). Very laid back interview, comfortable and conversational. Very friendly interviewer, overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A (intern)

Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and shortly afterwards a recruiter called me to have a phone interview. Based on that phone interview I was able to get an opportunity for an office interview. First, I was interviewed by one of the audit partners, then a senior audit manager, and lastly by newly promoted audit manager. Each interview was in a separate office, approximately 30 minutes with each individual.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself? (The partner was multitasking, he was looking at me and scanning my resume)
      Why McGladrey?
      How did you hear about us?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No, I did not. If I would have had more work experience maybe but the compensation and benefits were perfect for me.

Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2013.

Interview

Applied via Online and was contacted within a week. I spoke with HR and at first everything uneasy - but I assumed HR had an off day. HR set up an in-person office interview w/ two partners and a director. Note that HR provides the interviewer's names - so prepare interview questions to ask them. Ie, I saw that you worked here for X years, (insert question).

Office Interview: Interviewers asked some questions regarding my work experience - however were more concerned about your personality (which is true for most Public accounting firms). My tip is be yourself and be able to recite your resume details (with real-life examples) without looking at it.

Overall prepare by (1) reviewing your resume (2) research recent/major news about McGladrey (3) practice STAR questions (4) prepare questions to ask interviewer

Interview Questions

• As noted above, interviewers will ask you to walk through resume and give examples of your listed duties.   1 Answer

They took over two weeks to extend an offer (obliviously I was on their waitlist since I knew the person they offered first). However, I received an offer from a Big 4 firm during the wait period. So some other poor soul waited even longer to receive their offer. One thing that annoyed me was that the HR was irritated and felt 'betrayed' that I had accepted an other firm's offer.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (McLean, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied through my school's career search program, dropped a resume, and was contacted by HR a few days later for an in-person interview on campus. The interview was very brief and I met with one of the Principals. I got a call a few days later offering me a summer internship position. Overall, very smooth and quick process.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Boston, MA) in November 2010.

Interview

McGladrey's interview process was so nice. The first interview took place at school and was really relaxed. I found out I moved on to the second interview, during the interview. The second interview was an in-office interview and had 3 interviewers. They were all really nice and relaxed, caring more about working well as a team rather than telling us we'd have piles of work to do. They treated us to lunch right after I got filet mignon and shared buffalo chick nacho appetizers with them. *thumbs up*

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for McGladrey   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

Recruited on college campus. Second round interview was in Chicago. In Chicago, I interviewed with two different partners in the firm. I heard back from the human resources department within a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None