McGladrey LLP Audit Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McGladrey LLP is now known as RSM. Effective Oct. 26, 2015, McGladrey united with fellow members of our global network under the common brand name RSM. RSM US LLP is the leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with more than 8,000 people in 80 offices nationwide.

McGladrey LLP Audit Associate Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was very informal. The interviewer asked if I preferred to work with non-public companies or public companies. No behavioral questions whatsoever.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

It was through our school career website. It didn't take more than a week. A HR called me and asked several basic questions, such as what is my GPA, where I was academically, and interest... The lady was really nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• I had to take an Auditing exam, which was really hard. They require the score needs to be above 90%.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I was not hired for what I applied for, but I record excellent detail that I'm willing to share. A McGladrey interview will almost be 80% based on your personality, a few behavioral questions, and lots of "tell me about yourself" stuff. They're definitely just getting to know you as a person. Your qualifications to do the job is the main reason the interview is provided--they know that you can do the job, because they'll most likely put you to a formal training program anyway.

It's as described by many: Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner, by some employees of the firm, to help ease your nerves. Whether or not they have any power in your hiring, that's unknown. Better be nice to everyone. We had a nice relaxing lunch with all the other candidates. Learn a little bit about the firm, the benefits, all that jazz. After lunch, the candidates went their separate ways to meet their respective interviewers. They'll each tell you a little bit about themselves before they get to the real deal.

For me, I had an Audit Partner interview me. Nope. I can feel I sucked. Why? He did not seem very pleased to even be doing interviews, which was an immediate sign that I was not going do well, or have a fair chance. He was interviewing my INTEREST in the position by asking if I have any questions about the job; I had a few, but not enough to last 10-15 minutes conversation. But being that I've always dreamed about being a part of McGladrey and for my dream career choice, what didn't I already know? This was my fault; should've prepared better. It's not an interview about how much you want the position & company, it's about showing the ambition you want for yourself in YOUR career. He had NOTHING scripted, and it was all spur of the moment questions...well, in my case, expecting me to have questions for him.

Interview #2 was with a junior HR person. It was more formal, with the questions I've prepared for in personality questions and a few behavioral. Definitely felt I aced it. But again, I think most of the hiring powers come from Partners. If not, you probably need the approval of both. I already knew I was a lost cause, and accepted defeat after all this.

Below, I share with you some questions in exact form:

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about yourself
      2) Why do you want to work with McGladrey?
      3) Why did you not apply for the Big 4?
      4) Why public and not private?
      5) Why do you like Audit? (or whatever your position is)
      6) Tell me about a time you made a mistake, and how you dealt with this?
      7) Run me down with your resume
      8) Do you have any teamwork/leadership skills?

**Have some questions ABOUT the position you're applying for, even if you know most of it already, to show interest. Be ready to wing random moments of conversation**
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2009.

Interview

University Posting, University Interview, Office Interview, Offer

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this position.   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to do what it takes?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing. There were 50 people applying for every position.

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Des Moines, IA) in June 2007.

Interview

I was contacted by a regional human resource manager. She reviewed all of my educational background and then conducted a phone interview. At the conclusion she stated she would call back in a week to determine if I would receive an in person interview. I went to the office and met with 4 management level employees for half of a day. I was then instructed that I received an offer and had 2 weeks to make my decision.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in December 2015.

Interview

Had an initial round of interview on campus.
    After that was called for in office interview. HR greeted us very nicely and then we were taken for a round of the office
    There were 3 round of interviews in the office round
     2 interviews with Directors and 1 with the manager.
    People are very welcoming, extremely friendly.
    Within a week I got a offer from them.

Interview Questions

• Why RSM? About previous work experience, how is it related to the job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Normal, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

It was pleasant and very easy going. They invited me out for appetizers and drinks the night before. They also have greeters who you can get the nerves out before the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      When was a time you were faced with a difficult decision and what did you do?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was referred to the job by a professor so that expedited the interview process. An interview was set up within a week. I was interviewed by 3 people, and they were very casual interviews. A lunch with the team followed that. Overall, it was a great experience. I was disappointed when I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself - not your elevator speech, but just about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process was a day long process. Each candidate met with two individuals at the manager or above level. Questions were more behavioral and less technical. I found the interview atmosphere to be very comfortable and more conversational than interrogative. It was a good interview experience overall.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

On campus interview for their office in NY. They have a no stress interview which means they don't ask you questions. So unless you have a really awesome partner you can gel with the interview can get really awkward. My best advice is just to let them do all the talking.