McGladrey LLP Audit Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McGladrey LLP Audit Associate Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process was a day long process. Each candidate met with two individuals at the manager or above level. Questions were more behavioral and less technical. I found the interview atmosphere to be very comfortable and more conversational than interrogative. It was a good interview experience overall.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Once selected for the initial on-campus interview, they take you out to a pre-night interview dinner, where you can potentially meet your actual interviewer, other employees, and your competition. The next day, I was interviewed by a partner on-campus, where it was very much a conversation and laid-back. I heard back within a week for the office visit. In the second-round, I met with a manager and a partner. Again, it was very conversational, and they asked questions based on what you have on your resume. Afterward, they take you out to lunch with a buddy, where you can ask general questions about the firm. It was overall a very organized and fun process.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose a mid-sized firm over the big 4?   1 Answer

It was a difficult choice between this firm and another. The other firm was just a better fit.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

The office interview was very structured. Interviewed with two managers then went out to lunch with two first year associates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

Interview

It was an on-campus recruiting interview. There were two greeters waiting in the lobby and I talked with them for about 10 mins before it was time for me to meet the interviewer. They were both very friendly, had been at the firm for 1 year, and went to the school at which I was participating in the on-campus recruit. But make sure you have questions to ask them. (generally stuff about themselves, when did they start, have they taken any parts of the CPA, how do they like working there etc). The interview itself was with a partner. He was very friendly and outgoing. He asked questions like, how did I obtain the internships on my resume, why do you like accounting, what is my 5 year plan, describe to me what you did at each of your internships. Thats about 15-20 mins. Then the next 10-15 is questions that you need to ask the interviewer. Make sure these are conversational, and not just firing questions at your interviewer. Act like you are interested in the response.

Interview Questions

• You say you want to work for a medium sized company, but how can you justify that when your internships have been at large companies?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Meet at career fair and interviewed on campus. 45 minutes of behavioral questions. Then went for office visit in Chicago. Talked with a director and partner about the position and any questions I had. Pretty informal, and then with to lunch with an audit associate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was very informal. The interviewer asked if I preferred to work with non-public companies or public companies. No behavioral questions whatsoever.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2011.

Interview

3 interviews with a Senior, Manager,Partner.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

First offer came in and i asked for more. They called back within 10 min and made a another offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Vienna, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

Great,

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

I actually interviewed for the summer audit internship, which followed a strict recruiting cycle. I first interviewed on-campus with a manager, then I was invited to interview in-house with 3 professionals (director, manager, associate). All interviewers were very courteous and friendly, and never asked anything too demanding. I had conversations with my interviewers about school, sports, and even music. The firm really wants to get to know your personality-- they know that they can teach anyone decently intelligent with their training programs, so personality and cultural fit seem to be the most important things they look for in a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be at McGladrey, as opposed to other mid-tier or big four firms?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were faced with difficulty and how you went about resolving the issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered what I felt was slightly under the market rate across all firms, so I politely asked for a modified compensation package. The firm was very receptive and understanding of my request and re-sent my offer letter with a compensation package slightly higher than market rate. Worth a try, especially if you know you want to be with the firm.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2010.

Interview

A series of 3 1:1 interviews, a group presentation and then I was taken out to lunch by a supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over the other 50 candidates who applied for this job?   Answer Question