McGladrey LLP Audit Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McGladrey LLP Audit Associate Interview Questions

2.8

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Omaha, NE) in August 2010.

Interview

Had two interviews for Summer Tax Intern in Fall 2009, and was told I was not offered the internship because I didn't talk enough. The recruiter at the time told me to participate in their Pathways Program if I wanted a full-time position. Did the Pathways Program in July 2010 and was invited to early interview. In August 2010 did an early interview with a manager and director who work in tax. Interviews were very relaxed, no behavioral questions at all. Who knows what McGladrey is looking for in a candidate? Their interviews have no real behavioral questions, and they waste your time only to tell you don't "fit" into their environment.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2009.

Interview

University Posting, University Interview, Office Interview, Offer

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this position.   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to do what it takes?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing. There were 50 people applying for every position.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Seattle, WA) in January 2009.

Interview

I went through a series of informal interviews before getting a offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in November 2007.

Interview

I first had a brief phone interview because RSM didn't recruit at my college.

When I came to the in-person interview they had a group of 10 'interviewees' and we had an open discussion for several minutes with the head of the NY office. After that we had 2 one-on-one interviews with different partners where they asked us the basic questions like - 'tell me about yourself', and 'why did you choose accounting'. After that we regrouped and went to lunch with everyone. I received a phone call later that day with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was a standard offer given to everyone with no room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Schaumburg, IL) in September 2007.

Interview

The hiring process was very simple. The recruiter that came to my university was also a college friend. He was able to turn my resume in. After that, their human resource department contacted me with a list of times to come up to Schaumburg and I was able to select a time that worked with my college schedule. Once I was there for my interview, everyone was very relaxed and were not intimidating at all. Once in the interview I could immediately tell the work culture was exactly what I pictured myself working in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There were no reasons to negotiate. Salary level and bonus exceeded my expectations and other offers I received from other companies.

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Des Moines, IA) in June 2007.

Interview

I was contacted by a regional human resource manager. She reviewed all of my educational background and then conducted a phone interview. At the conclusion she stated she would call back in a week to determine if I would receive an in person interview. I went to the office and met with 4 management level employees for half of a day. I was then instructed that I received an offer and had 2 weeks to make my decision.

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

Recruited through career fair on campus. Second interview in 2 years. First interview in 2011 for an internship, second interview in 2012 for a full time position. Both times the interviewer who was a partner told me he was referring me for a second interview. Never got a second interview or even an email stating that I was declined. Very unprofessional company.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

This is a very relaxed interview setting, with the managers and partners just trying to get to know you a little better. You will go over your resume, the firm, and yourself. No behavioral type questions, be prepared to ask questions yourself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

interview with partner
    interview at the office with 5 senior/supervisor/manager/partner

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2012.

Interview

Applied initially through University after meeting them at a Meet the Firms event. Landed a face to face interview roughly a week later which was primarily conversational, maybe 1 or 2 behavioral questions. 1 week later I heard back for a second interview, was notified by email. Second interview was scheduled 1 week after a pre-interview social event (which occurred 1 week after the second interview notice) and was at their office. It consisted of 2 30min back to back interviews with managers and had a little bit more behavioral questions (primarily conversational again). Honestly, they are just trying to see if you fit with them. You should prepare like you would any interview (research, mock interviews etc..). Received offer within 4 business days!

Interview Questions

• You will be asked questions involving team work (what has worked well for you, tell me a time when there was struggle etc..)   1 Answer
    • Why McGladrey?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, not strapped for cash.