McGladrey LLP Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.6

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

very laid back, mostly conversational and not many behavioral questions. If you can hold a conversation you should be good. they are seeing if you can get along with people and if you would be a good fit in their culture.

Interview Questions

• What does "team" mean to you   1 Answer

Negotiation

didnt negotiate

Risk Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

One pre interview dinner with other candidates, past interns, and a partner. One on campus interview with 2 members of the practice staff. Finally, one in office interview with multiple staff members (2-3) followed by a lunch.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First round: on-campus - 30 minute interview (behavioral based questions)
    Second round: McGladrey office - two 30 minute interviews (behavioral based questions)

Questions were pretty basic. Know how to walk through your resume and give details about the positions you have been apart of/currently hold. For the most part, the interviews felt very conversational as opposed to Q & A.

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Had an on campus interview which went really well! The recruiter mainly asked behavioral questions. Gave some tips on how to tackle the next round of interviews. Was invited for second round the next day.

Senior Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Resume submitted through a mutual contact. Recruiter reached out to me to learn what I was looking for. Ended up interviewing with a partner and a manager. Very informal interview.

TaxInterview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I emailed my resume. I received a call about a week later asking if I would come in for an office interview. They called me back the same day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to ask all the questions I had about McGladrey and the internship. It was very conversational and relaxing.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

First round was at my school, then I got an email for a second round at the office. At the office, I was interviewed by a partner and a senior manager. Each one took about 30-40 minutes, the interview took place in their offices. The interviews were very conversational, and the interviewers were nice too.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was more of a get to know me and what I have to offer as apposed to a set questionnaire asked by the interviewer. First round will typically be with the division that you are applying for and then second rounds consist of two similar interviews with either a manager or partner of the office you applied to. A key role as the interviewee was getting to know the individuals you would be working with and fitting into the "McGladrey" culture.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for a middle market public firm? And why audit/tax?   Answer Question

TRAS - IT Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

McGladrey Talent Executives continuously interview candidates for open positions. More often than not these positions are posted in preparation for an upcoming engagement sale. They are very slow in execution of the interview process until a staffing need has been established via a sold engagement. Once a need has been established they will hire whomever is in front of them. If you would like to work at McGladrey befriend your Talent Executive, if he or she is impressed by you - he or she will put you in front of the appropriate person, tell you what you need to know, and hand hold you through the process.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working independently without much supervision or guidance?   1 Answer
    • Have you worked with middle-market clients in the past?   1 Answer
    • As a new Manager coming from the Big Four, are you comfortable working 100% of the time with privately held clients in the internal audit role?   1 Answer
    • I haven't had a chance to look at your resume. Can you please walk me through your accomplishments?   1 Answer

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

If you interviewed at McGladrey then you must've interviewed at the big 4, and the other 8 large accounting firms. They're all the same, asking about your resume first and your elevator pitch, followed by 2-3 behavioral questions and some fit questions. There's 2 rounds, the first at your university, the second at the firm itself.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me a time when you were in a difficult position, and how did you resolve the situation   Answer Question