McGladrey LLP Consulting Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McGladrey LLP is now known as RSM. Effective Oct. 26, 2015, McGladrey united with fellow members of our global network under the common brand name RSM. RSM US LLP is the leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with more than 8,000 people in 80 offices nationwide.

McGladrey LLP Consulting Associate Interview Questions

2.4

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 2 office interviews. Office interview consisted of interview with entire team as well as a few partners. Interview was very relaxed and informal. Asked basic interview questions. Whole process was long as it took 6+ weeks. Accepted offer and was offered bonus as well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Met a partner at University event and he sent my resume to recruiter. I had a phone interview and then did not hear back. Was contacted a few weeks later by a senior recruiter and set up interview with Consulting team. Met with partner in consulting as well as a director.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, typical interview. Very nice & felt like more of a conversation.   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Interview

This is a combination of behavioral and situational interviews. Prior experience and communication skills are key. You meet with a Senior, Manager/Director and Partner. HR is nice and friendly. It's a half hour to 45 minute interview with each. They are mid market, so its essential to know specific industries and not be too demanding.

Interview Questions

• They will just ask you something you don't have experience with. It's how you answer that counts. Be prepared to answer questions on how you manage staff, leadership and your future career path/goals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by on-campus interview with a Partner of the Firm. Final round in-office interview with Partner and Director. Mostly behavioral type questions.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2012.

Interview

I had an interview with a partner and a director at the same time. They were extremely friendly. The interview was very informal. They just had questions about my current job experience and education background and spent some time on explaining benefits of working for the company including the flexibility and challenging but rewarding experience.

Interview Questions

• What are the reasons you want to leave your current employer?   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with human resources for typical screen; notified w/in two days about coming in for in office interview. Office interviews consisted of three 1:1 meetings, office tour, question and answer period. Asked typical behavioral and interview questions. Offer w/in two days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your three greatest strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2012.

Interview

Very relaxed. Applied online and receive a phone interview within 2 weeks of apply. After the phone interview I was scheduled to have an on site interview within the next week. Got an offer after the 1 on 1 interview within 2 days.

Consulting Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Overall a great interview process. HR was extremely helpful and the interview process had no case component which allowed you to really express who you are and why you're a good fit.

Round 1: In office: Three consecutive 30-45 minute interviews (Associate, Manager, Director). Mainly asking why you want to work there over other firms (important to note middle market)
    - A good reason for the middle market is that you are put on meaningful projects that you won't get in boutique firms, but get exposure to decision makers which you might not get at a large firm.

Round 2: Confirmation email with another Director
    - Overall very friendly environment

Consulting Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2012.

Interview

The interview was great. I had met many of my interviewers at business events before the formal interview and so I was excited about the opportunity. However, the interview turned negative when I received no reply by email or over the phone afterwards. While this is typical, it was particularly frustrating because even after calling and leaving messages with the interviewers, I was granted no response.

I was promised reimbursement for my travel expenses on two separate occasions by two separate HR Reps and I never received it (because I could never get a hold of them!)

Interview Questions

• The interview was four hours long, however most of the questions were casual. There were no behavioral or situational questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Charlotte, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

Met with a senior manager through a recruiting event and had an informal interview on site (golf course). Received an email a few days later from the regional HR recruiter extending an office visit. The office visit consisted of two 45 minute one-on-one interviews with managers from the consulting practice. There were no behavioral questions or anything drawing too much stress, more of a relaxed conversation trying to get a feel for the job and the interviewer trying to get a feel for your interests and goals.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had difficulty working in a group environment and how did you handle this situation.   1 Answer

I received an offer from another firm that provided more personal opportunities.