McGladrey LLP Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McGladrey LLP is now known as RSM. Effective Oct. 26, 2015, McGladrey united with fellow members of our global network under the common brand name RSM. RSM US LLP is the leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with more than 8,000 people in 80 offices nationwide.

McGladrey LLP Intern Interview Questions

2.7

Intern Interview

Interview

I sent my resume in via a friend. I did get a phone call interview. Basically asking me about my experience and what I area I was interested in pursuing at McGladrey. Didn't ask much, pretty short conversation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

There was an interview on campus after many meetings through networking events. I had never met the person interviewing me prior to the interview. Attending the events was definitely worth it though to grasp the culture of the firm.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why did you pick accounting.
      Why us?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

I went in for an office interview and met with a partner for about an hour. It was a very warm environment and the staff were nice. I thought I would have more interviews but only spoke with the partner. I was asked typical interview questions more than behavioral, which surprised me. Afterwards, I probably asked the partner 8-10 questions but he seemed impressed that I did my research and I was curious about the firm's culture.

Got the call later that day that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• Strengths/Weaknesses
      What is your ideal job?
      Questions regarding my resume and how I went into accounting
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was more of a get to know me and what I have to offer as apposed to a set questionnaire asked by the interviewer. First round will typically be with the division that you are applying for and then second rounds consist of two similar interviews with either a manager or partner of the office you applied to. A key role as the interviewee was getting to know the individuals you would be working with and fitting into the "McGladrey" culture.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for a middle market public firm? And why audit/tax?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Went to the career fair and then applied for the internship. Got invited to the social event in the town of my college. Started with an interview on campus. Was then invited to do the in office interviews where I went to another social event the night before and met the employees of that office. The next day I sat with 2 separate partners and had 30 min interviews. Asked behavioral questions and had general conversation about my plans and current life situation.

Interview Questions

• Conversations led to things I didn't want to talk about. Would ask a question and I gave a brief answer on the topic. They pressed for more information.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I met the firm at a career fair initially applying for an internship postion. I ended up interviewing with the firm on campus and was accepted to their leadership program. At the program the firm interviewed for internship positions. The interviews were certainly a surprise to the candidates as the interviews were not shown explicitly on the schedule.

Interview Questions

• Not very technical questions. The most difficult questions for me were behavioral questions, but with a few good stories in mind they become easier to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I knew someone who worked in the office and they passed my resume on to HR. I had a simple phone interview followed by an office interview with 2 directors / Senior managers. The interview was very conversational and just looking to see how I would fit in with the firm. There were no technical questions or behavioral questions but more just trying to learn about my personality and working habits.

Interview Questions

• The hardest question to answer was just how I think I fit into their culture. With someone coming from very little work experience it was difficult for me to think of things that would add value to their firm.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

applied through school. got a campus interview which was very relaxed.. 30 mins not hard at all if you are familiar with the company and its values.. after 3 weeks i got an email to do an office interview. 3 interviews back to back each about 30 mins each.. relaxed and conversational

Interview Questions

• n/a. all questions were very easy to answer.. there wasn't any technical questions... just be prepared to keep the conversation going bc there will be a moment of silence if you do not have any questions for them. also be prepared to answer behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

got a call from my recruiter with an offer. she emailed me the offer and gave me 3 weeks to decide

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Syracuse, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Very casual and laid back. Very conversational and comfortable atmosphere. No technical questions were asked and they really just want to know if you are a person that can hold a conversation and communicate on a professional level in addition to having the necessary qualifications.

Intern Interview

Interview

Very conversational, future-oriented questions