McGladrey LLP Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McGladrey LLP is now known as RSM. Effective Oct. 26, 2015, McGladrey united with fellow members of our global network under the common brand name RSM. RSM US LLP is the leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with more than 8,000 people in 80 offices nationwide.

McGladrey LLP Intern Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Blue Bell, PA) in December 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with two different people. The first being someone who was high up in auditing (I'm not sure if he was a partner or not), and the second being someone in HR. The entire process took about 30-40 minutes. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I applied online and then I called a few days later to ask if they were hiring, and I got an interview.

Interview Questions

• What kind of culture do you want to work for
    Describe a difficult situation you had in the past and how you worked through it.
    (Questions were not very difficult)
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Intern Interview

Interview

....................................................................................................................

Interview Questions

• Can you think about the most unforgettable teamwork experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Duluth, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

Recruiters are regularly are campus and eager to meet all the accounting students. They were very friendly to me, and the interviews seemed more like conversations. There were social nights to meet everyone, followed by an on-campus interview, then by two more interviews on the same day a week or two later. The second round interviews had one large group of interviewers and interviewees that rotated between each other.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Was introduced to company through job fair. Had one phone interview which was simple and easy and 2 part face-to-face interview. The interviewers were very kind and I was relaxed throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Only had 3.3 overall GPA and they asked me why they should take me as an intern rather than someone with a higher GPA.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Tysons Corner, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

Did a first round of interviews at my school, they got back to me quickly (within a few days) and invited me up to their office in Vienna/Tyson's Corner for a final round of interviews. On the day of my final interviews, they provided transportation from my school for me and 10 other students in the form of a Hummer Limo. We got there and had breakfast and introductions, then did two approximately 30-45 minute interviews. Usually one is with a newer, lower-level employee and the other with an upper-level manager/director/partner etc. Then, we were given a quick tour and lunch before finally leaving. The people were all awesome. I received the formal offer 3 hours later and accepted....best experience ever by far!

Interview Questions

• The interviews were not difficult, mine were simply one-on-one and conversational. However, if you aren't prepared with a lot of questions and aren't able to ad lib off of their responses, you might struggle. Be comfortable and confident, but also give clear and definitive responses. Don't say you'll do anything they want, say you want audit or tax and even profit/non-profit if you want it. Also, if you want the job ASK FOR IT. At the end of my interview I gave a little last pitch about how I really wanted the position and that they were my number 1 choice (but only say it if you mean it, which i did).   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered, and I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Denver, CO) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process was surprisingly fun. I really liked that McGladrey was a big firm, but was still small enough where everyone actually knew each other.

Interview Questions

• The interview was actually pretty low key, we mainly talked about the NHL lockout and what to expect in public accounting.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in September 2012.

Interview

There were 2 interviews, 1 on campus and 1 on in the home office. Interview with an associate on campus for about 30 minutes and it wasn't technical, he asked a few questions about my resume and the rest of the time was left for me to ask questions. Interviewed with a manager and partner at the home office and I had the same experience.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions or case study. It was simply a personality interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Des Moines, IA) in September 2011.

Interview

Recruited via Unversity recruitment. 1st interview on campus one on one not too difficult pretty standard. Then at company office there was a group of us. The day consisted of presentation, tour, and one on one interviews with two people in firm. Not too bad pretty standard again.

Interview Questions

Liked the company went with larger company with more national offices.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

I was interviewed by a partner who I could tell right off the bad did not like me. I could tell she really did not like being there. There was a focus on behavioral questions, and really trying to push the actual topic away from auditing.

Interview Questions

• How would your friend's describe you if they were only allowed to use one word?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

Interview

I really did not feel I had the opportunity to get to know the interviewer. I felt like the interviewer was the drill sergeant and I was a cadet. I was asked questions about how I could audit someone when I did not balance my checkbook and high level "what can you do for us" type questions. By the end of the interview, I was hesitant to ask anything personal for the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How can you audit someone when you don't balance your own checkbook?   Answer Question