McGladrey LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.8

129 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Irvine, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. After passing phone interview invited to interview with 3 different people at the Irvine office. Interview lasted approx 30 min per person. interviewers want to see how you are as a person because they will be working long hours with you. be sure to sound passionate about position you applied for and emphasize you could work long hours during tax season. I interviewed with a sr and two managers. No technical accounting question asked. Have a list of questions you could ask them to show interest.

Interview Questions

• why tax? Why accounting? What classes did you like? Some questions were behavior.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Sales & Use Tax Interview

Interview

I was referred by a current employee, HR then contacted me for a 30 minute telephone screening. After that I was invited for an in office interview with a Principal and my direct manager/supervisor.A day before the scheduled interview HR contacted me that the venue for the interview has been changed from Stanford CT to their NYC office. On getting to the NYC office, I interviewed with the Principal, a suave and personable gentleman, he asked me basic behavioral questions and I believed everything was good. Two days later HR called me again, they said I have to also interview with my supposed supervisor who is based in the Stanford CT office. So I personally arranged for my trip to Stanford CT, on getting there I met with the supervisor, he was totally unprepared for the interview, he struggled to ask any meaningful question, only thing I can remember is that he said Stanford is a good place. He closed by saying he will get back to me in a weeks time. I sent thank you letters to both of them. One week past no information from them, total radio silence from HR and two company officials. I sent them a reminder regarding my interest, HR still did not respond or reply to my mails. I stopped sending them emails after the 2nd attempt so I don't look desperate. They never replied me till date. My take about the entire episode is that it's so unfair and unprofessional after going through the 3rd stage interview for HR and officials not to even reply to my email.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Initial interview included a background on the company and position. I was asked several qualifying questions and some detailed questions regarding my experience. The interview was for a functional consulting position so most of the questions were directed toward the products I would be implementing.

Intern Interview

Interview

I sent my resume in via a friend. I did get a phone call interview. Basically asking me about my experience and what I area I was interested in pursuing at McGladrey. Didn't ask much, pretty short conversation.

Senior Compensation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in December 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me regarding an initial telephone interview for a date and time. When the time came for the interview, no phone call. Followed up to see if there was a problem, no response. Tried contacting the next several days with no response. In 15 years of working in Human Resources I never saw such unprofessionalism. No response from the recruiter.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

The first step consisted of a half hour on campus interview which was very conversational. The second step of the process was at the local firm where they had a presentation by HR, presentation by the Partners, a Q & A session, and team-building activities where you were observed by the rest of the staff.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the biggest challenges you've had to face to date?   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Please save yourself time and not apply to this company. HR is very UNORGANIZED since they don't tell you the status of your application. I had a phone interview which went very well and they called me in for the office interview and that also went very well. The director said they'll get back to me the following day, but I had no response from them till 4 days. Total waste of my time!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview after I applied it through campus. General questions were very straight-forward. My interviewer asked why choose the company, pretty laid back. Other questions were behavioral questions trying to know my personality and working habits. My interviewer was really nice and the conversation was quite casual.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I had 2 interviews with people, they asked really intense questions for a summer internship. The interviewer also after super chilled and asking me personal questions so it loosened me to not be professional enough.

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university and got an email letting me know that I was selected for an interview. Interviewed at my university and then contacted for an office visit.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were very conversational which is usually easy, but I prepared for behavioral questions and was a little thrown off. I included classes that I took during college on my resume and the interviewer kept asking about what I was learning. Just be prepared to talk fairly in depth about anything on your resume.   Answer Question