McGladrey LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

355 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Irvine, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. After passing phone interview invited to interview with 3 different people at the Irvine office. Interview lasted approx 30 min per person. interviewers want to see how you are as a person because they will be working long hours with you. be sure to sound passionate about position you applied for and emphasize you could work long hours during tax season. I interviewed with a sr and two managers. No technical accounting question asked. Have a list of questions you could ask them to show interest.

Interview Questions

• why tax? Why accounting? What classes did you like? Some questions were behavior.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Sales & Use Tax Interview

Interview

I was referred by a current employee, HR then contacted me for a 30 minute telephone screening. After that I was invited for an in office interview with a Principal and my direct manager/supervisor.A day before the scheduled interview HR contacted me that the venue for the interview has been changed from Stanford CT to their NYC office. On getting to the NYC office, I interviewed with the Principal, a suave and personable gentleman, he asked me basic behavioral questions and I believed everything was good. Two days later HR called me again, they said I have to also interview with my supposed supervisor who is based in the Stanford CT office. So I personally arranged for my trip to Stanford CT, on getting there I met with the supervisor, he was totally unprepared for the interview, he struggled to ask any meaningful question, only thing I can remember is that he said Stanford is a good place. He closed by saying he will get back to me in a weeks time. I sent thank you letters to both of them. One week past no information from them, total radio silence from HR and two company officials. I sent them a reminder regarding my interest, HR still did not respond or reply to my mails. I stopped sending them emails after the 2nd attempt so I don't look desperate. They never replied me till date. My take about the entire episode is that it's so unfair and unprofessional after going through the 3rd stage interview for HR and officials not to even reply to my email.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2016.

Interview

Very informal, nice guy, but really did not ask me anything about myself, but more about whether I would be willing to fill out tax returns. Did not ask me about my excellent education, my knowledge of the tax code, my experience at my prior law firm, or anything else that is important in determining whether to hire a prospective employee.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my interest in preparing tax returns and my experience with them. Sounded like they wanted a glorified accountant. Not what I applied for. Somewhat misleading.   1 Answer

Because it sounded like a very boring position with no upside.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

3 phone call interviews -- internal recruiter, regional manager, national director. Final in-person at office with Practice Director. Recruiter was very communicative and helpful during the entire process, and follow-up was prompt after each stage of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Anecdotal, experience-based questions -- i.e. "Tell me about some of your projects."   Answer Question

Summer Pathways Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Phila, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was a quick paced interview on campus. Met with a Manager who informed me all about RSM and the career oppurtunities at RSM. He left a lot of time for me to ask questions which took a lot of the attention off of me.

Interview Questions

• What are you hoping to get out of the summer internship program?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Initial interview included a background on the company and position. I was asked several qualifying questions and some detailed questions regarding my experience. The interview was for a functional consulting position so most of the questions were directed toward the products I would be implementing.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

standard process. very nice people. most are behavior questions. no technical questions. One on campus interview. one on-site interview. not stressed. they seemed to be very interested in your team work experience and want to know whether you are a good team player.

Intern Interview

Interview

I sent my resume in via a friend. I did get a phone call interview. Basically asking me about my experience and what I area I was interested in pursuing at McGladrey. Didn't ask much, pretty short conversation.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

The interview is very laid back. They want to know about who you are and what you want to accomplish if you joined their team. There were two 30-minute 'interviews' that were all about talking to an associate and a partner about the company. They did not ask too many 'interview' questions.

Senior Compensation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in December 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me regarding an initial telephone interview for a date and time. When the time came for the interview, no phone call. Followed up to see if there was a problem, no response. Tried contacting the next several days with no response. In 15 years of working in Human Resources I never saw such unprofessionalism. No response from the recruiter.