McGladrey LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I had 2 interviews with people, they asked really intense questions for a summer internship. The interviewer also after super chilled and asking me personal questions so it loosened me to not be professional enough.

Senior Compensation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in December 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me regarding an initial telephone interview for a date and time. When the time came for the interview, no phone call. Followed up to see if there was a problem, no response. Tried contacting the next several days with no response. In 15 years of working in Human Resources I never saw such unprofessionalism. No response from the recruiter.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was very informal. The interviewer asked if I preferred to work with non-public companies or public companies. No behavioral questions whatsoever.

Risk Management Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2013.

Interview

The process was spread over 4 successive screening / interviews:
    HR phone screening,
    On site one to one interview with practice Partner and Director, and
    Interview with the team (supervisor, senior consultant and consultant)

Interview Questions

• Functional:
      How can you hep us to develop the business with mid size financial institutions

Technical:
      What are the main characteristics of the BSA / Patriot Act   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Intensive interview process. Was pleased to make it through the process. Didn't get a job offer (yet) but can honestly say they have an in-depth approach as apposed to glancing through resumes.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

It was through our school career website. It didn't take more than a week. A HR called me and asked several basic questions, such as what is my GPA, where I was academically, and interest... The lady was really nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• I had to take an Auditing exam, which was really hard. They require the score needs to be above 90%.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Services Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Applied through University job site, got an email about a social at a nearby restaurant to meet the firm (but was not required), scheduled an interview time through university job site, had one interview with HR employer from Cedar Rapids, IA. It took over a month to hear back from them even with a thank you email and another email asking about an estimate on when I would hear back (with no reply)

Interview Questions

• Take me through a time when you had someone working for you that did not deliver on a deadline?; Many questions were previously listed in Glassdoor   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

First round interviews, got to chat with one of the current employees while waiting. First interview was a lot about what I was looking for. could tell interviewer was tired after interviewing all day.
    Second round.. one presentation about the company, then a brief office tour, and then three interviews with different level staffs. Mostly about why McGladrey, why audit, groupwork, my knowledge about McGladrey's auditing practice, etc. Lunch after for over an hour.

Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and shortly afterwards a recruiter called me to have a phone interview. Based on that phone interview I was able to get an opportunity for an office interview. First, I was interviewed by one of the audit partners, then a senior audit manager, and lastly by newly promoted audit manager. Each interview was in a separate office, approximately 30 minutes with each individual.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself? (The partner was multitasking, he was looking at me and scanning my resume)
      Why McGladrey?
      How did you hear about us?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, I did not. If I would have had more work experience maybe but the compensation and benefits were perfect for me.

Javascript Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2014.

Interview

I did an initial phone interview with the hiring manager where we talked about my past experiences, the job, exceptions, and salary for over an hour. The team was currently three members, with two of them in Chicago and one in Minneapolis, I would be working out of the Des Moines office. About a week later I moved on to a technical interview with two of the members of the team I would be working with. Conversation went very well for well over an hour, until we got to salary. I told them the same thing I told the hiring manager, but the conversation/interview abruptly ended there. Two weeks later I got a call from the original hiring manager that they were going to go with a local person. Three days later I got an alert from their website saying a new job was posted, which was the same one.