McGladrey LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McGladrey LLP is now known as RSM. Effective Oct. 26, 2015, McGladrey united with fellow members of our global network under the common brand name RSM. RSM US LLP is the leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with more than 8,000 people in 80 offices nationwide.

McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2016

2.7

Senior Compensation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in December 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me regarding an initial telephone interview for a date and time. When the time came for the interview, no phone call. Followed up to see if there was a problem, no response. Tried contacting the next several days with no response. In 15 years of working in Human Resources I never saw such unprofessionalism. No response from the recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was very informal. The interviewer asked if I preferred to work with non-public companies or public companies. No behavioral questions whatsoever.

Risk Management Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2013.

Interview

The process was spread over 4 successive screening / interviews:
    HR phone screening,
    On site one to one interview with practice Partner and Director, and
    Interview with the team (supervisor, senior consultant and consultant)

Interview Questions

• Functional:
      How can you hep us to develop the business with mid size financial institutions

Technical:
      What are the main characteristics of the BSA / Patriot Act
      Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Intensive interview process. Was pleased to make it through the process. Didn't get a job offer (yet) but can honestly say they have an in-depth approach as apposed to glancing through resumes.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

It was through our school career website. It didn't take more than a week. A HR called me and asked several basic questions, such as what is my GPA, where I was academically, and interest... The lady was really nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• I had to take an Auditing exam, which was really hard. They require the score needs to be above 90%.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Services Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Applied through University job site, got an email about a social at a nearby restaurant to meet the firm (but was not required), scheduled an interview time through university job site, had one interview with HR employer from Cedar Rapids, IA. It took over a month to hear back from them even with a thank you email and another email asking about an estimate on when I would hear back (with no reply)

Interview Questions

• Take me through a time when you had someone working for you that did not deliver on a deadline?; Many questions were previously listed in Glassdoor   Answer Question

Javascript Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2014.

Interview

I did an initial phone interview with the hiring manager where we talked about my past experiences, the job, exceptions, and salary for over an hour. The team was currently three members, with two of them in Chicago and one in Minneapolis, I would be working out of the Des Moines office. About a week later I moved on to a technical interview with two of the members of the team I would be working with. Conversation went very well for well over an hour, until we got to salary. I told them the same thing I told the hiring manager, but the conversation/interview abruptly ended there. Two weeks later I got a call from the original hiring manager that they were going to go with a local person. Three days later I got an alert from their website saying a new job was posted, which was the same one.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New Haven, CT).

Interview

The HR department called weeks after applying online. They wanted transcripts prior to the interview. First interview went great. The representative was friendly and easy to talk to. I received a call back but at the second interview a different representative asked a lot of tax specific questions when it was an entry level position

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Duluth, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

There was a preliminary interview and if you did well you would move on to a second stream of interviews. I had three interviews with two partners and a manager over the course of four hours. It's exhausting, but the key is to be open and honest as well as comfortable meeting new people and being under pressure. The questions were more personal than work related in some cases.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you about your extra-curricular involvement and will point out any flaws they see on your transcript, so be ready to answer andy school related questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I was not hired for what I applied for, but I record excellent detail that I'm willing to share. A McGladrey interview will almost be 80% based on your personality, a few behavioral questions, and lots of "tell me about yourself" stuff. They're definitely just getting to know you as a person. Your qualifications to do the job is the main reason the interview is provided--they know that you can do the job, because they'll most likely put you to a formal training program anyway.

It's as described by many: Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner, by some employees of the firm, to help ease your nerves. Whether or not they have any power in your hiring, that's unknown. Better be nice to everyone. We had a nice relaxing lunch with all the other candidates. Learn a little bit about the firm, the benefits, all that jazz. After lunch, the candidates went their separate ways to meet their respective interviewers. They'll each tell you a little bit about themselves before they get to the real deal.

For me, I had an Audit Partner interview me. Nope. I can feel I sucked. Why? He did not seem very pleased to even be doing interviews, which was an immediate sign that I was not going do well, or have a fair chance. He was interviewing my INTEREST in the position by asking if I have any questions about the job; I had a few, but not enough to last 10-15 minutes conversation. But being that I've always dreamed about being a part of McGladrey and for my dream career choice, what didn't I already know? This was my fault; should've prepared better. It's not an interview about how much you want the position & company, it's about showing the ambition you want for yourself in YOUR career. He had NOTHING scripted, and it was all spur of the moment questions...well, in my case, expecting me to have questions for him.

Interview #2 was with a junior HR person. It was more formal, with the questions I've prepared for in personality questions and a few behavioral. Definitely felt I aced it. But again, I think most of the hiring powers come from Partners. If not, you probably need the approval of both. I already knew I was a lost cause, and accepted defeat after all this.

Below, I share with you some questions in exact form:

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about yourself
      2) Why do you want to work with McGladrey?
      3) Why did you not apply for the Big 4?
      4) Why public and not private?
      5) Why do you like Audit? (or whatever your position is)
      6) Tell me about a time you made a mistake, and how you dealt with this?
      7) Run me down with your resume
      8) Do you have any teamwork/leadership skills?

**Have some questions ABOUT the position you're applying for, even if you know most of it already, to show interest. Be ready to wing random moments of conversation**
      1 Answer