McGladrey LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McGladrey LLP is now known as RSM. Effective Oct. 26, 2015, McGladrey united with fellow members of our global network under the common brand name RSM. RSM US LLP is the leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with more than 8,000 people in 80 offices nationwide.

McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2016

2.7

Winter Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I don't attend a target school so there wasn't on campus recruitment. However, I reached out to a recruiter and she set up a phone interview with me. The phone interview was really short but it was an attempt to see if I was a good fit. After about a week or two, I was invited for an office interview(superday)

At the office interview, there was a welcome session, two interviews, lunch and a debrief. I interviewed with a Senior tax manager from the credits and incentives group and the Northeast Tax. The interviews were 30 minutes long each. After both interviews the other applicants and I interviewing for tax positions were given an office tour by two tax senior associates that took us out for lunch.

In general, it was a pretty pleasant experience and everyone I interacted with was very nice and were genuinely interested in getting to know you as an individual.

Winter Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Phila, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

I had an on campus interview with a partner. I was invited to the office for second round interviews where I had an office tour, interviewed with another 2 partners, and then was taken out to lunch by 2 audit associates.

Management Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterville, ME

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Waterville, ME) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center (submitted cover letter/resume), passed screening and was interviewed by two Mcgladrey persons who visited my campus for about 15 minutes each. These were mostly personality questions, and why you are interested in working for McGladrey. I heard back about a month later, though I believe that if you pass the first round interview you visit in person for a final round interview which is more technical.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Went into their office with a group of 20-30 other prospective students, watched a half hour presentation. Then each person had 3 different interviews within their specific area (tax/audit/consulting). I was only asked the most basic questions and basically just went through my resume and asked more questions about my experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were on a team. Tell me about a time you had to deal with conflict.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a 30-min interview on campus with a Senior and was invited for an in-office interview. Their San Francisco office is absolutely stunning! In-office interview consisted of three 30-min interviews and all were conversational. Like what most have written, they are just trying to get to know you as a person, whether you'll fit in their culture or not. I didn't get an offer so maybe i don't belong there...

Interview Questions

• Why Audit? Make sure you have an answer to this question. And make sure your answer is like a winning answer usually said in beauty pageants.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Two step process 1 person interview on campus and then office visit with three interviewers. You just have a big culture and age gap from students and associates in Houston. Makes for an awkward, very critical management. Did not enjoy the interview at all, as the interviewers really do not know how to engage in an enjoyable conversation (due to their old age).

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

I received an interview through on-campus recruiting. It was basically just a conversation with the interviewer. We did a basic resume walk through and then he asked me what I liked to do in my free time. No behavioral questions at all and nothing difficult. I received a rejection email a few days from the recruiter a few days later.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview was okay. Did not ask too many questions. More on prior experience and future goals/plans. However, when I followed up, the recruiters were not answering my emails. Not heard of them again after more than a month, so I am not sure if the process is really slow or they just decided that I will not go through. An email that I am not be considered already would be very much helpful.

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to migrate in the States?   Answer Question
    • Give a brief background of your professional experience. Where you worked, your roles and achievements.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Stamford, CT) in September 2015.

Interview

The initial process went well. I spoke with talent acquisition and the hiring manager the same week. The hiring manager wanted to schedule a third interview which she had me schedule through her assistant. Her assistant only got back to me once. When I contacted talent acquisition they told me ti " hang tight, we have to do some reviews" that " hang tight" turned into a MONTH of waiting. When I followed up I was told " Sorry I thought the emails went out automatically. We have already hired for this position"
    It is terrible to give a potential employee hope but to leave them waiting a whole month without any follow-up. It also felt like management and talent acquisition didnt really know what the each other was doing or communicating.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to move?
      Why are you applying for a job so far away?
      1 Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Denver, CO).

Interview

Flew out to Denver for a day, did full day interviews. Asked a lot of detailed questions based on your resume and experiences. I met with 2 head managers and then had lunch with 2 employees I would be working with on a daily basis. I felt like I didn't have enough time to speak with everyone because I was so rushed to make sure I would make my flight later. That is likely the reason I didn't get an offer.