McGladrey LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Met with campus recruiter and got an in office interview. Interviewed with about 11 other people. It was a really fun day. I met with two interviewers, and I felt I made a connection with each of them.

Interview Questions

• Why McGladrey and not Big 4   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

The interview was very conversational. I sat down with a manager, who was well prepared with my resume in hand. It took about thirty minutes overall. She did not ask any behavioral questions, which I always think are the least helpful in an interview.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

very laid back, mostly conversational and not many behavioral questions. If you can hold a conversation you should be good. they are seeing if you can get along with people and if you would be a good fit in their culture.

Interview Questions

• What does "team" mean to you   1 Answer

Negotiation

didnt negotiate

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university and got an email letting me know that I was selected for an interview. Interviewed at my university and then contacted for an office visit.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were very conversational which is usually easy, but I prepared for behavioral questions and was a little thrown off. I included classes that I took during college on my resume and the interviewer kept asking about what I was learning. Just be prepared to talk fairly in depth about anything on your resume.   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2015.

Interview

They were on campus a couple times for recruitment. They held a networking night the night before the on-campus interview. Met a lot of very friendly people who answered all my questions. The next day at the interview, they told me they were impressed with my conduct in a casual setting (networking event) and now with my conduct in a professional setting (interview). Very laid back interview, comfortable and conversational. Very friendly interviewer, overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A (intern)

Miami Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Gainesville, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

The on-campus interview was very conversational and easy. It started off with questions about your resume and yourself with some behavioral questions woven in. Nothing to really stress about. When you get there early there are a bunch of employees sitting outside who are very friendly and conversational. The interview itself lasted about 30 minutes. Make sure to have followups to the questions you ask them. Since it's a medium sized firm they like when you emphasize the size of the company along with the company culture.

Winter Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I don't attend a target school so there wasn't on campus recruitment. However, I reached out to a recruiter and she set up a phone interview with me. The phone interview was really short but it was an attempt to see if I was a good fit. After about a week or two, I was invited for an office interview(superday)

At the office interview, there was a welcome session, two interviews, lunch and a debrief. I interviewed with a Senior tax manager from the credits and incentives group and the Northeast Tax. The interviews were 30 minutes long each. After both interviews the other applicants and I interviewing for tax positions were given an office tour by two tax senior associates that took us out for lunch.

In general, it was a pretty pleasant experience and everyone I interacted with was very nice and were genuinely interested in getting to know you as an individual.

Winter Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Phila, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

I had an on campus interview with a partner. I was invited to the office for second round interviews where I had an office tour, interviewed with another 2 partners, and then was taken out to lunch by 2 audit associates.

Management Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterville, ME

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Waterville, ME) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center (submitted cover letter/resume), passed screening and was interviewed by two Mcgladrey persons who visited my campus for about 15 minutes each. These were mostly personality questions, and why you are interested in working for McGladrey. I heard back about a month later, though I believe that if you pass the first round interview you visit in person for a final round interview which is more technical.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Very easy (in a good way) they understand that you are in a stressful point in your life and they really make the interview process as stress-free as possible. The company culture has really influenced my decision to follow through with working at RSM and this was something I noticed immediately while going through the interviewing process. As most people will tell you, always be yourself, but seriously, they really just wanted to get to know you. They didn't throw any curveballs at all. I actually enjoyed the process a lot because I got to meet new people at the company and all of them were great.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in tax?   1 Answer