McGladrey LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McGladrey LLP is now known as RSM. Effective Oct. 26, 2015, McGladrey united with fellow members of our global network under the common brand name RSM. RSM US LLP is the leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with more than 8,000 people in 80 offices nationwide.

McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

2.6

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2016.

Interview

Very informal, nice guy, but really did not ask me anything about myself, but more about whether I would be willing to fill out tax returns. Did not ask me about my excellent education, my knowledge of the tax code, my experience at my prior law firm, or anything else that is important in determining whether to hire a prospective employee.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my interest in preparing tax returns and my experience with them. Sounded like they wanted a glorified accountant. Not what I applied for. Somewhat misleading.   1 Answer

Because it sounded like a very boring position with no upside.

Summer Pathways Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Phila, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was a quick paced interview on campus. Met with a Manager who informed me all about RSM and the career oppurtunities at RSM. He left a lot of time for me to ask questions which took a lot of the attention off of me.

Interview Questions

• What are you hoping to get out of the summer internship program?   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in December 2015.

Interview

Had an initial round of interview on campus.
    After that was called for in office interview. HR greeted us very nicely and then we were taken for a round of the office
    There were 3 round of interviews in the office round
     2 interviews with Directors and 1 with the manager.
    People are very welcoming, extremely friendly.
    Within a week I got a offer from them.

Interview Questions

• Why RSM? About previous work experience, how is it related to the job   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

3 phone call interviews -- internal recruiter, regional manager, national director. Final in-person at office with Practice Director. Recruiter was very communicative and helpful during the entire process, and follow-up was prompt after each stage of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Anecdotal, experience-based questions -- i.e. "Tell me about some of your projects."   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Initial interview included a background on the company and position. I was asked several qualifying questions and some detailed questions regarding my experience. The interview was for a functional consulting position so most of the questions were directed toward the products I would be implementing.

Risk Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

One pre interview dinner with other candidates, past interns, and a partner. One on campus interview with 2 members of the practice staff. Finally, one in office interview with multiple staff members (2-3) followed by a lunch.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

First round was at my school, then I got an email for a second round at the office. At the office, I was interviewed by a partner and a senior manager. Each one took about 30-40 minutes, the interview took place in their offices. The interviews were very conversational, and the interviewers were nice too.

Intern Interview

Interview

I sent my resume in via a friend. I did get a phone call interview. Basically asking me about my experience and what I area I was interested in pursuing at McGladrey. Didn't ask much, pretty short conversation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and then did a phone interview with several members of management in my specific line of business. They were very nice and while asking tough questions were very conversational. I was able to ask them questions as well and felt they were very honest in their responses.

Interview Questions

• How I managed my clients - what was my philosophy and practice.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Boston, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

Met with the office administrator and director of operations. Also met with some partners that I would support. Overall pleasurable experience. Not a difficult interview. Pretty standard overall. The people I met with were warm and welcoming. They were able to answer all questions. They got back to me very soon thereafter. I went back for a second interview about a week later.

Interview Questions

• How many years have you worked as an admin?   1 Answer