McGladrey LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and straight forward. I was called by one of the college recruiters that I was selected for an interview on campus. After my interview I received an email from the same recruiter about a week later containing an offer letter.

Business Advisory Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Bloomington, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with a resume drop. Once you were accepted for an on campus interview, there was a networking event and then the on campus interview. My interviewer had told me he usually doesn't give interviews. There were very few behavioral questions and no technical questions. He mostly asked about how the Big4 were recruiting on campus and had me ask him questions. I felt as though this interviewer didn't give me a chance to highlight my skills; he mostly seemed concerned with other professional service competitors hiring practices. It was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me? How did our pre-night compare to the Big4?   Answer Question

Consulting Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

The first round was a behavioral interview on campus where I had to walk them through resume. About a week later I got an email inviting me to come into their office to meet the team. After a tour I sat down with the hiring manager and we had a casual conversation where went over my transcripts among other things.

Interview Questions

• What's something not on your resume you would like to tell me?   Answer Question
    • When considering a position, What do you look for in a organization, a team, and a job role?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

The first step consisted of a half hour on campus interview which was very conversational. The second step of the process was at the local firm where they had a presentation by HR, presentation by the Partners, a Q & A session, and team-building activities where you were observed by the rest of the staff.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the biggest challenges you've had to face to date?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Boston, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

Met with the office administrator and director of operations. Also met with some partners that I would support. Overall pleasurable experience. Not a difficult interview. Pretty standard overall. The people I met with were warm and welcoming. They were able to answer all questions. They got back to me very soon thereafter. I went back for a second interview about a week later.

Interview Questions

• How many years have you worked as an admin?   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Two step process 1 person interview on campus and then office visit with three interviewers. You just have a big culture and age gap from students and associates in Houston. Makes for an awkward, very critical management. Did not enjoy the interview at all, as the interviewers really do not know how to engage in an enjoyable conversation (due to their old age).

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Stamford, CT) in September 2015.

Interview

The initial process went well. I spoke with talent acquisition and the hiring manager the same week. The hiring manager wanted to schedule a third interview which she had me schedule through her assistant. Her assistant only got back to me once. When I contacted talent acquisition they told me ti " hang tight, we have to do some reviews" that " hang tight" turned into a MONTH of waiting. When I followed up I was told " Sorry I thought the emails went out automatically. We have already hired for this position"
    It is terrible to give a potential employee hope but to leave them waiting a whole month without any follow-up. It also felt like management and talent acquisition didnt really know what the each other was doing or communicating.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to move?
      Why are you applying for a job so far away?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The Interview Process was very professional, but also very relaxed at the same time. The professionals I met with went out of their way to make me feel welcome and comfortable throughout our discussion - and I say discussion for a reason, I felt that the interviews I participated in were more a conversation than anything else. For the most part the questions I was asked pertained to me personally, whether that be my expectations for the position, or my future career goals, I felt that the professionals were just trying to determine if I was a good fit for the company.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

very laid back, mostly conversational and not many behavioral questions. If you can hold a conversation you should be good. they are seeing if you can get along with people and if you would be a good fit in their culture.

Interview Questions

• What does "team" mean to you   1 Answer

Negotiation

didnt negotiate

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Please save yourself time and not apply to this company. HR is very UNORGANIZED since they don't tell you the status of your application. I had a phone interview which went very well and they called me in for the office interview and that also went very well. The director said they'll get back to me the following day, but I had no response from them till 4 days. Total waste of my time!