McGladrey LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Went into their office with a group of 20-30 other prospective students, watched a half hour presentation. Then each person had 3 different interviews within their specific area (tax/audit/consulting). I was only asked the most basic questions and basically just went through my resume and asked more questions about my experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were on a team. Tell me about a time you had to deal with conflict.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a 30-min interview on campus with a Senior and was invited for an in-office interview. Their San Francisco office is absolutely stunning! In-office interview consisted of three 30-min interviews and all were conversational. Like what most have written, they are just trying to get to know you as a person, whether you'll fit in their culture or not. I didn't get an offer so maybe i don't belong there...

Interview Questions

• Why Audit? Make sure you have an answer to this question. And make sure your answer is like a winning answer usually said in beauty pageants.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

RSM is a very relaxed environment, their interviews tend to be very conversational. Be prepared to ask a lot of questions about the firm and be able to carry a conversation with the tax professionals. Be sure to emphasize teamwork as this is a huge quality RSM looks for. Also emphasize that you prefer mid size firms and give reasons such as preferring to be closer to your co-workers, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why accounting?   Answer Question
    • What are 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Think of a time when people that you managed were not performing up to par. What did you say to them and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Two step process 1 person interview on campus and then office visit with three interviewers. You just have a big culture and age gap from students and associates in Houston. Makes for an awkward, very critical management. Did not enjoy the interview at all, as the interviewers really do not know how to engage in an enjoyable conversation (due to their old age).

Consulting Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

The first round was a behavioral interview on campus where I had to walk them through resume. About a week later I got an email inviting me to come into their office to meet the team. After a tour I sat down with the hiring manager and we had a casual conversation where went over my transcripts among other things.

Interview Questions

• What's something not on your resume you would like to tell me?   Answer Question
    • When considering a position, What do you look for in a organization, a team, and a job role?   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I met with some McGladrey employees at my schools career fair. I met one guy that really liked me and we talked for about 15 minutes and I gave him my resume. They ended up reaching out to me about 3 weeks later and I had a phone call with an analyst. Then they invited me out to the super day and I ended up getting the offer.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a very relaxed low stress process. I first met the recruiter at a recruiting event held on campus and was offered an on campus interview. I met we the managing partner and we mostly chatted about my interests and what I do for fun. Next was the in office interview which was basically a tour of the office and chatting with the current employees about what we expect out of an employer.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any interview questions mostly chatted about my life.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2015.

Interview

The location I applied for had a great office environment. I had two interviews which lasted a little over an hour (total). It felt like we were having a conversation rather than an interview. They wanted to get to know me and see if my character would be a fit for their team. We found common interests and carried conversations through that. My suggestion is to research the company and ask as many questions as you can. That way you can get a better understanding if they're a great fit for you, and vice-versa. After the interview was over, I was given a quick tour of the office and an opportunity to meet other employees. Everyone was really nice and welcoming. A week later, HR emailed me my acceptance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself.   1 Answer

Risk Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

One pre interview dinner with other candidates, past interns, and a partner. One on campus interview with 2 members of the practice staff. Finally, one in office interview with multiple staff members (2-3) followed by a lunch.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First round: on-campus - 30 minute interview (behavioral based questions)
    Second round: McGladrey office - two 30 minute interviews (behavioral based questions)

Questions were pretty basic. Know how to walk through your resume and give details about the positions you have been apart of/currently hold. For the most part, the interviews felt very conversational as opposed to Q & A.