McGladrey LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.6

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Boston, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

Met with the office administrator and director of operations. Also met with some partners that I would support. Overall pleasurable experience. Not a difficult interview. Pretty standard overall. The people I met with were warm and welcoming. They were able to answer all questions. They got back to me very soon thereafter. I went back for a second interview about a week later.

Interview Questions

• How many years have you worked as an admin?   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Two step process 1 person interview on campus and then office visit with three interviewers. You just have a big culture and age gap from students and associates in Houston. Makes for an awkward, very critical management. Did not enjoy the interview at all, as the interviewers really do not know how to engage in an enjoyable conversation (due to their old age).

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Stamford, CT) in September 2015.

Interview

The initial process went well. I spoke with talent acquisition and the hiring manager the same week. The hiring manager wanted to schedule a third interview which she had me schedule through her assistant. Her assistant only got back to me once. When I contacted talent acquisition they told me ti " hang tight, we have to do some reviews" that " hang tight" turned into a MONTH of waiting. When I followed up I was told " Sorry I thought the emails went out automatically. We have already hired for this position"
    It is terrible to give a potential employee hope but to leave them waiting a whole month without any follow-up. It also felt like management and talent acquisition didnt really know what the each other was doing or communicating.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to move?
      Why are you applying for a job so far away?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The Interview Process was very professional, but also very relaxed at the same time. The professionals I met with went out of their way to make me feel welcome and comfortable throughout our discussion - and I say discussion for a reason, I felt that the interviews I participated in were more a conversation than anything else. For the most part the questions I was asked pertained to me personally, whether that be my expectations for the position, or my future career goals, I felt that the professionals were just trying to determine if I was a good fit for the company.

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a 30-min interview on campus with a Senior and was invited for an in-office interview. Their San Francisco office is absolutely stunning! In-office interview consisted of three 30-min interviews and all were conversational. Like what most have written, they are just trying to get to know you as a person, whether you'll fit in their culture or not. I didn't get an offer so maybe i don't belong there...

Interview Questions

• Why Audit? Make sure you have an answer to this question. And make sure your answer is like a winning answer usually said in beauty pageants.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Went into their office with a group of 20-30 other prospective students, watched a half hour presentation. Then each person had 3 different interviews within their specific area (tax/audit/consulting). I was only asked the most basic questions and basically just went through my resume and asked more questions about my experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were on a team. Tell me about a time you had to deal with conflict.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Very easy (in a good way) they understand that you are in a stressful point in your life and they really make the interview process as stress-free as possible. The company culture has really influenced my decision to follow through with working at RSM and this was something I noticed immediately while going through the interviewing process. As most people will tell you, always be yourself, but seriously, they really just wanted to get to know you. They didn't throw any curveballs at all. I actually enjoyed the process a lot because I got to meet new people at the company and all of them were great.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in tax?   1 Answer

Senior Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial phone call from recruiter followed by interview with partner, lunch with staff, and interviews with two senior managers. The interviews for the most part had a very informal tone. A lot of small talk with the sense that they were trying to get a feel for my personality as much as my experience.

Interview Questions

• Interview mostly centered on my prior experience. Detailed explanations of my roles with prior firms.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY).

Interview

Met recruiter at career fair, was contacted for an interview a few weeks later, decided I should do the super days in end of October, was contacted 2 days after interview with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Teamwork question, 5 years question...mainly conversational.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterville, ME

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Waterville, ME) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center (submitted cover letter/resume), passed screening and was interviewed by two Mcgladrey persons who visited my campus for about 15 minutes each. These were mostly personality questions, and why you are interested in working for McGladrey. I heard back about a month later, though I believe that if you pass the first round interview you visit in person for a final round interview which is more technical.