McGladrey LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.6

Senior Associate Sales & Use Tax Interview

Interview

I was referred by a current employee, HR then contacted me for a 30 minute telephone screening. After that I was invited for an in office interview with a Principal and my direct manager/supervisor.A day before the scheduled interview HR contacted me that the venue for the interview has been changed from Stanford CT to their NYC office. On getting to the NYC office, I interviewed with the Principal, a suave and personable gentleman, he asked me basic behavioral questions and I believed everything was good. Two days later HR called me again, they said I have to also interview with my supposed supervisor who is based in the Stanford CT office. So I personally arranged for my trip to Stanford CT, on getting there I met with the supervisor, he was totally unprepared for the interview, he struggled to ask any meaningful question, only thing I can remember is that he said Stanford is a good place. He closed by saying he will get back to me in a weeks time. I sent thank you letters to both of them. One week past no information from them, total radio silence from HR and two company officials. I sent them a reminder regarding my interest, HR still did not respond or reply to my mails. I stopped sending them emails after the 2nd attempt so I don't look desperate. They never replied me till date. My take about the entire episode is that it's so unfair and unprofessional after going through the 3rd stage interview for HR and officials not to even reply to my email.

Transaction Advisory Services Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2010.

Interview

Very receptive and welcoming people. Administrative personnel both helpful, professional and confidential. Professionally handled all meetings. Class organization. 5 interviews all with senior people over the course of 4 months. Nice offices at both locations. Straight forward discussions. Nothing more than not the right timing. Highly recommend inquiring into the firm. Good people.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2011.

Interview

The first interview was at my school. It was a one on one meeting with a partner. It was a terrific experience. They are very quick with the responses. I got a call for the second interview next day. Second interview was three weeks from first interview. Gave me more than enough time. Second interview was a great smooth process as well. First a manager interviewed me then a director. Then we were taken out for a fancy lunch with an associate. It was one of the smoothest process ever.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They will give you an offer since its an entry level. You will be happy with the compensation.

Tax Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2010.

Interview

Through an internal referal I was working directly with a McGladrey recruiter. Within 1 month of the process starting I was contact to interview. The interview consisted for 1:1 interviews with 4 different people in the department I would be working for. The interview seemed to be more of them selling the firm rather than having much to do with me. I was offered a position approximately 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Depending on how you are brought it depends greatly on their willingness to negotiate. Internal referral tend to be less risky for the employer and they are willing to work with you more. I was able to suggest that I was skeptical about the offer. After a couple of days, they were able to increase their offer by 5%.

Senior Tax Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

Interview

I interview on campus with a recruiter. A week later, I received a phone call asking me to come to the office to interview with four people. I was told that it would take about 2 hours. I interviewed with all four- total time 2 1/2 hours.

Invitation for the Pathways Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2012.

Interview

Interview consisted of two associates from the firm. Questions that were asked: What do you know about the Pathways Program, tell me about yourself and 1 situational/behavioral question. Both interviewers were professional and pleasant. The whole process was not bad at all. It was an opportunity to connect with the firm/employees and see if it would be a good fit for both parties.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a conflict with a teammate or a situation that had to be resolved?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2011.

Interview

3 interviews with a Senior, Manager,Partner.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

First offer came in and i asked for more. They called back within 10 min and made a another offer.

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Schaumburg, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiter. One on campus interview along with second round office visit. Very relaxed environment. Conversational interview, no tough questions.

Consulting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

My honest and sincere advice to folks who are trying to get into this company or have been contacted by this company: STAY AWAY! Having been in consulting for 10+ years, I understand how companies work and how offers can be changed , however what I don't expect them to do is to make an offer then withdraw it without any reason and also not communicate about what they intend to do.
    A recruiter reached out to me and went on and on about how great the firm is. I was at that time working with a Big 4 audit/consulting firm and the opportunity looked good. The recruiter set up an interview with a manager, who didn't understand much about consulting since he was from audit background. Incidentally, in my research, I found that most of their managers/directors/principals who were leading consulting engagements, were from audit background( That should have been my the biggest warning sign). After "clearing" this interview, I interviewed with the head of consulting who after 2 conversations made me a verbal offer to join. As I was about to accept it after 3-4 days, I was informed that I will need to go to their local office. Went there and oh boy, what an experience. First of all, the office was bare and empty i.e. no staff - not on vacation or client location but literally they did not have any associates/consultants except for 4 partners. They interviewed me and really looked as if they regretted joining mcgladrey i.e.no info about the firm and totally unenthusiastic. After the interview, recruiter etc all went dark for about 4 weeks and inspite of my writing or calling the recruiter every third day, I never received a response. Finally, the recruiter responded with some BS about being on vacation and informing me that they will not proceed with hiring. Completely unprofessional and unethical way to go about hiring. My advice to folks: There are better companies with dedicated folks, so don't waste your time with this frim

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Gainesville, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview was extremely laid-back and was an extension of the conversation I had previously had with the partner. Some of the usual questions about my resume, but most of the time I spent asking him questions. The entire process seems to be a feeling out and finding the proper "fit" between myself and McGladrey. No technical questions were asked.