McGladrey LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McGladrey LLP is now known as RSM. Effective Oct. 26, 2015, McGladrey united with fellow members of our global network under the common brand name RSM. RSM US LLP is the leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with more than 8,000 people in 80 offices nationwide.

McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2016

2.6

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a 30-min interview on campus with a Senior and was invited for an in-office interview. Their San Francisco office is absolutely stunning! In-office interview consisted of three 30-min interviews and all were conversational. Like what most have written, they are just trying to get to know you as a person, whether you'll fit in their culture or not. I didn't get an offer so maybe i don't belong there...

Interview Questions

• Why Audit? Make sure you have an answer to this question. And make sure your answer is like a winning answer usually said in beauty pageants.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Went into their office with a group of 20-30 other prospective students, watched a half hour presentation. Then each person had 3 different interviews within their specific area (tax/audit/consulting). I was only asked the most basic questions and basically just went through my resume and asked more questions about my experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were on a team. Tell me about a time you had to deal with conflict.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Very easy (in a good way) they understand that you are in a stressful point in your life and they really make the interview process as stress-free as possible. The company culture has really influenced my decision to follow through with working at RSM and this was something I noticed immediately while going through the interviewing process. As most people will tell you, always be yourself, but seriously, they really just wanted to get to know you. They didn't throw any curveballs at all. I actually enjoyed the process a lot because I got to meet new people at the company and all of them were great.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in tax?   1 Answer

Senior Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial phone call from recruiter followed by interview with partner, lunch with staff, and interviews with two senior managers. The interviews for the most part had a very informal tone. A lot of small talk with the sense that they were trying to get a feel for my personality as much as my experience.

Interview Questions

• Interview mostly centered on my prior experience. Detailed explanations of my roles with prior firms.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Recruited from campus. First round was on campus and then went in for an office visit where I met with 3 different people from the company for 30-minute interviews each.

Interview Questions

• Very Conversational. Easy going. They just want to get to know you and your personality to make sure you're a good fit for the company.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Meet with campus recruiters for college career fair and had a quick conversation about my resume. Received an in-office interview with two 30 minute interviews and a lunch with the candidates as well as two associates. During the in-office interview it was more of a conversation-be prepared to ask questions to keep conversation going.

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY).

Interview

Met recruiter at career fair, was contacted for an interview a few weeks later, decided I should do the super days in end of October, was contacted 2 days after interview with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Teamwork question, 5 years question...mainly conversational.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview was okay. Did not ask too many questions. More on prior experience and future goals/plans. However, when I followed up, the recruiters were not answering my emails. Not heard of them again after more than a month, so I am not sure if the process is really slow or they just decided that I will not go through. An email that I am not be considered already would be very much helpful.

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to migrate in the States?   Answer Question
    • Give a brief background of your professional experience. Where you worked, your roles and achievements.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Met with three separate people two partners and a manager, they asked me several questions about myself and why I wanted the job, they were very friendly and the questions were very easy.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to pursue tax?   1 Answer

Management Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterville, ME

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Waterville, ME) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center (submitted cover letter/resume), passed screening and was interviewed by two Mcgladrey persons who visited my campus for about 15 minutes each. These were mostly personality questions, and why you are interested in working for McGladrey. I heard back about a month later, though I believe that if you pass the first round interview you visit in person for a final round interview which is more technical.