McGladrey LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McGladrey LLP is now known as RSM. Effective Oct. 26, 2015, McGladrey united with fellow members of our global network under the common brand name RSM. RSM US LLP is the leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with more than 8,000 people in 80 offices nationwide.

McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

2.7

Risk Advisory Experienced Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2014.

Interview

Got the interview opportunity at the career fair. After too many rounds of email negotiation, talked with the partner from the Risk Advisory department. Nothing difficult, more like a casual conversation.

Interview Questions

• Just go through the resume and ask about the former working experience.   Answer Question

Learning Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

I began with a phone interview. Very straightforward - was asked about my experience, why I wanted to leave my current job, and was asked a few situational/behavioral questions ("What is your least favorite thing about your current job?" "What is your favorite thing about your current job?" "What role have you filled in a team you've been on?", "tell me about a time you worked on a project without direct supervision," etc.)

Heard back the next week and scheduled an in-person interview for later that week. Was not told approximately how long the interview would be, which I would have appreciated, as the interview ended up taking 3 hours of my work day. I first met with a manager via video conference, followed by an in-person interview with a director, followed by coffee with two members of the team.
    My interviews were very relaxed and conversational. The manager chose not to ask me scripted questions, but rather talked a lot about herself, the team, and the department, and allowed me open-ended time to discuss my work experience and skills in light of what she had shared. My interview with the director was identical, if not even less focused towards my experience and skills; she told me they were confident I was qualified for the position, but that they were primarily concerned about finding the right "team fit." Coffee with the two team members afterwards, which was not supposed to be an interview but rather an "off-the-record" time for me to ask questions, actually felt most like an interview out of the whole process.
    I was told I would be contacted early the next week, but was not contacted until the week after that.

All in all, the process was very relaxed, and I appreciated getting to know about the members of the team, but I also felt it was lacking in substance. For being told that they were looking for best team fit, I would have liked the opportunity to discuss how I function on a team and what I've offered to a team, and I expected that they would have contacted my references. They did none of these things. In fact, they spent a substantial amount of time talking about themselves, and I left with the impression that they were just going through the motions. The team members I went to coffee with asked me more questions than I was asked in the interview, which seemed a bit flip-flopped. All of this left me feeling a bit frustrated and like my time was not respected.

Interview Questions

• Very open-ended questions - "Tell me about yourself, your goals, etc."   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Boston, MA).

Interview

A pre-interview social the day before the interview. Mainly just talking to the tax manager and taz director about just anything in general. It was just a social event to see if you were able to carry on conversations. The next day was the on campus interview with the Tax director for 30 minutes. The HR and a greeter will be there to talk to you before the interview. The interview was really conversational with not a single behavioral question. It made me question how they really evaluate you as a candidate. They basically just hire the person they like I guess. The interview was enjoyable and the interview ended up went 20 minutes over time because I was the last one to be interviewed. I did not get a invitation to the second round interview and I have no idea what I did wrong.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Mcgladrey?
      Why Tax?
      Are you going to be in the area?
      1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

On campus interview for their office in NY. They have a no stress interview which means they don't ask you questions. So unless you have a really awesome partner you can gel with the interview can get really awkward. My best advice is just to let them do all the talking.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (South Florida, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

On campus interview was with a partner, typical behavior questions. Shortly after I was invited to office visit. About 40 of us were interviewing, 3 back to back 30 min interviews. I thought they went well, almost entirely conversational, the last of the 3 definitely went less smooth than the others. Got a 'thanks but no thanks' email a few days later.

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

Interview

Applied on McGladrey website after seeing the position posted on my alma mater's career website. Normally would have been an on-campus interview however I graduated over a year ago so I followed up via phone with HR/Recruiter in order to get noticed because anyone more than one semester removed is not allowed to apply for campus interviews. HR was nice - told me to email my resume and transcripts and that she would forward them to hiring managers. Was contacted about a month later on a Thursday and asked to come in for an office interview the following Monday. The interview process involved 4 consecutive 30 minute interviews with partners and managers. Very conversational interviews for the most part. A couple of them asked standard questions such as "tell me about a time you worked on a group project and what the positives and negatives were" and "describe a time when you went above and beyond expectations." One of the partners talked the entire time about his knowledge of the profession and stated that he did not even look at my resume. I think that this is a firm where it really depends on who you get for your interviewer. Not the cut and dry interview procedure that some larger firms do. My guess is that they just want to know that you can communicate and are a good fit personality-wise. After several interviews, my best advice is to be yourself because that is how you will find the best fit. Know the company and ask solid questions about the profession and company culture. Display a willingness to adapt and learn.

Interview Questions

• "Talk about a time where you had a different view than a co worker on something in the work place and how you dealt with it"   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

Interview

First interview process, Campus interview through college.
    Basic questions, they want to know if you fit in the company's culture. What are you basic skills and how do you react.
    I was called for second interview with a week, the second interview is in one of their offices.
    They called the super day. Two interviews, office tour and lunch.

Spring Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

Interview

first interview was held in campus with one of the accounting manager and contacted in two weeks for second in office interview. Interview was laid back with interviewer was very easy going.

Interview Questions

• Have you involved in any school project and how it turns out?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was very intense, the interviewer was keep talking about himself, so I didn't even have time to express myself
    He didn't even try to get to know me and answered my questions without enthusiasm

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Give me example of how you handle complicated situation
      What are your favorite or least favorite classes?
      Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Normal, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

It was pleasant and very easy going. They invited me out for appetizers and drinks the night before. They also have greeters who you can get the nerves out before the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      When was a time you were faced with a difficult decision and what did you do?
      Answer Question