McGladrey LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.6

355 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus. The whole process took less than a week. Interviewed on campus, and then went to the office for the second round interviews later in the week. In the office, all the recruits were shown a presentation by H.R, and then each person had 3 one-on-one 30 minute interviews with managers and partners.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were asked to do something unreasonable, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy. I first did a phone call. I was then brought into the office for two 30 minute interviews. During the interview we went over my resume and typical team behavioral questions

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Had an on campus interview which went really well! The recruiter mainly asked behavioral questions. Gave some tips on how to tackle the next round of interviews. Was invited for second round the next day.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

I received an interview through on-campus recruiting. It was basically just a conversation with the interviewer. We did a basic resume walk through and then he asked me what I liked to do in my free time. No behavioral questions at all and nothing difficult. I received a rejection email a few days from the recruiter a few days later.

Winter Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Recruiters came to campus and later contacted me. On campus interview and then invited back for onsite interview. On site interview - interviewed with 3 (Partner, Manager, Lead Associate).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, describe everything on and off resume. They want to get to know you and your dedication to the position. Not a behavioral interview. They're interested in YOU. Personally, I believe its the best type of interview.   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview was okay. Did not ask too many questions. More on prior experience and future goals/plans. However, when I followed up, the recruiters were not answering my emails. Not heard of them again after more than a month, so I am not sure if the process is really slow or they just decided that I will not go through. An email that I am not be considered already would be very much helpful.

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to migrate in the States?   Answer Question
    • Give a brief background of your professional experience. Where you worked, your roles and achievements.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Stamford, CT) in September 2015.

Interview

The initial process went well. I spoke with talent acquisition and the hiring manager the same week. The hiring manager wanted to schedule a third interview which she had me schedule through her assistant. Her assistant only got back to me once. When I contacted talent acquisition they told me ti " hang tight, we have to do some reviews" that " hang tight" turned into a MONTH of waiting. When I followed up I was told " Sorry I thought the emails went out automatically. We have already hired for this position"
    It is terrible to give a potential employee hope but to leave them waiting a whole month without any follow-up. It also felt like management and talent acquisition didnt really know what the each other was doing or communicating.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to move?
      Why are you applying for a job so far away?   1 Answer

Business Advisory Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Bloomington, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with a resume drop. Once you were accepted for an on campus interview, there was a networking event and then the on campus interview. My interviewer had told me he usually doesn't give interviews. There were very few behavioral questions and no technical questions. He mostly asked about how the Big4 were recruiting on campus and had me ask him questions. I felt as though this interviewer didn't give me a chance to highlight my skills; he mostly seemed concerned with other professional service competitors hiring practices. It was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me? How did our pre-night compare to the Big4?   Answer Question

Pathways Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

After career fair, when in and interview for the 3 day leadership program. Submitted resume and was contacted 3 days later by the Talent recruiter. Was told to come back to the school for a one on one interview process. Lasted only half and hour and was more a description of the program that an actual interview. Was asked very few questions.

Interview Questions

• Why McGladrey? Why Public accounting? What are you hoping to gain from this experience?   Answer Question

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Tacoma, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn then through McGladrey's website. I was an out-of-state applicant so it took very long to get to the interview process. About two months after applying, I received an email from their recruiter. She called me for a interview screening-things went well during this phone screen. About two weeks later, I was set up on a Skype interview with the Partner/Directors. I guess that went well because they gave me an offer less than a week later. The process was quick after the two months of screening my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe a tax difficulty you had with a client and how did you solve the problem.   Answer Question