McGladrey LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.6

Winter Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I don't attend a target school so there wasn't on campus recruitment. However, I reached out to a recruiter and she set up a phone interview with me. The phone interview was really short but it was an attempt to see if I was a good fit. After about a week or two, I was invited for an office interview(superday)

At the office interview, there was a welcome session, two interviews, lunch and a debrief. I interviewed with a Senior tax manager from the credits and incentives group and the Northeast Tax. The interviews were 30 minutes long each. After both interviews the other applicants and I interviewing for tax positions were given an office tour by two tax senior associates that took us out for lunch.

In general, it was a pretty pleasant experience and everyone I interacted with was very nice and were genuinely interested in getting to know you as an individual.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

McGladrey HR person contacted me. We talked about the position and what I was looking for. She set up another phone interview with her boss (HR). After that, I met with the director and partner for the job I was interviewing for.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Not bad on the interviewing cycle. Good formal process. Interviewed by three people over several weeks. One of the interviewers was quite hard to read, but felt like I did ok.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you'd like to see from your career here?   1 Answer

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Briefing of resume and interviewed followed with a casual conversation. It was very laid back. They were looking for someone that can handle themselves as a professional, but can carry a conversation beyond the office.

Miami Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Gainesville, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

The on-campus interview was very conversational and easy. It started off with questions about your resume and yourself with some behavioral questions woven in. Nothing to really stress about. When you get there early there are a bunch of employees sitting outside who are very friendly and conversational. The interview itself lasted about 30 minutes. Make sure to have followups to the questions you ask them. Since it's a medium sized firm they like when you emphasize the size of the company along with the company culture.

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

The interview was very conversational. I sat down with a manager, who was well prepared with my resume in hand. It took about thirty minutes overall. She did not ask any behavioral questions, which I always think are the least helpful in an interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was more of a get to know me and what I have to offer as apposed to a set questionnaire asked by the interviewer. First round will typically be with the division that you are applying for and then second rounds consist of two similar interviews with either a manager or partner of the office you applied to. A key role as the interviewee was getting to know the individuals you would be working with and fitting into the "McGladrey" culture.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for a middle market public firm? And why audit/tax?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus. The whole process took less than a week. Interviewed on campus, and then went to the office for the second round interviews later in the week. In the office, all the recruits were shown a presentation by H.R, and then each person had 3 one-on-one 30 minute interviews with managers and partners.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were asked to do something unreasonable, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university and got an email letting me know that I was selected for an interview. Interviewed at my university and then contacted for an office visit.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were very conversational which is usually easy, but I prepared for behavioral questions and was a little thrown off. I included classes that I took during college on my resume and the interviewer kept asking about what I was learning. Just be prepared to talk fairly in depth about anything on your resume.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was very intense, the interviewer was keep talking about himself, so I didn't even have time to express myself
    He didn't even try to get to know me and answered my questions without enthusiasm

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Give me example of how you handle complicated situation
      What are your favorite or least favorite classes?   Answer Question