McGladrey LLP Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

McGladrey LLP is now known as RSM. Effective Oct. 26, 2015, McGladrey united with fellow members of our global network under the common brand name RSM. RSM US LLP is the leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with more than 8,000 people in 80 offices nationwide.

McGladrey LLP Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

2.4

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I met with some McGladrey employees at my schools career fair. I met one guy that really liked me and we talked for about 15 minutes and I gave him my resume. They ended up reaching out to me about 3 weeks later and I had a phone call with an analyst. Then they invited me out to the super day and I ended up getting the offer.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview was okay. Did not ask too many questions. More on prior experience and future goals/plans. However, when I followed up, the recruiters were not answering my emails. Not heard of them again after more than a month, so I am not sure if the process is really slow or they just decided that I will not go through. An email that I am not be considered already would be very much helpful.

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to migrate in the States?   Answer Question
    • Give a brief background of your professional experience. Where you worked, your roles and achievements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my school website. I received an email about a month later asking to come to interview. I met with three professionals. Each professional take about 30-40 minutes. They didn't ask any difficult questions. Prepare to ask plenty of questions. They briefly describe what I will be doing for this position. They replied me after two weeks of interview date.

Interview Questions

• General Interview Questions:
      -Tell me about yourself (Not on resume)
      - Why do you choose accounting?
      - Why do you choose audit over tax?

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

They interviewed me 3 times, made me come back for a second interview. I interviewed twice with some folks and interviewed with some two different groups. They sounded unsure of their growth and whether they actually had the work for the position they were interviewing me for.

Interview Questions

• What are your 5 year goals, what did you do in your previous positions, what type of clients have you worked on   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Very Relaxing. Conversational interview. Basic questions. All the candidates were welcomed in the board room of the office after being given an office tour. We then split up each into a room and Partners and managers would come by each room and interview for about 30 minutes until another came by.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you worked on a team?

Why do you want to work here opposed to Big 4

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was very intense, the interviewer was keep talking about himself, so I didn't even have time to express myself
    He didn't even try to get to know me and answered my questions without enthusiasm

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Give me example of how you handle complicated situation
      What are your favorite or least favorite classes?

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Briefing of resume and interviewed followed with a casual conversation. It was very laid back. They were looking for someone that can handle themselves as a professional, but can carry a conversation beyond the office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Selected for an on campus interview. After on campus interview, invited for an in house interview. Cocktail party the night before. In house interview took several hours and consisted of (3) 45 minute long interviews with upper management. Treated to lunch afterword.

Overall, very pleasant experience. The interview questions were all very basic interview questions, nothing technical what-so-ever.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Networking is so important. I was working as an accounting clerk for a company. McGladrey audited the company I worked for and I began to talk to one of the auditors and he helped me understand what auditors did. He also knew the recruiter very well. He gave me her e-mail address and I sent my resume to the recruiter and she interviewed me for the pathway program through the phone. (The pathway program is a three-day thing and one of the best experiences ever!) On the third day they interview us for internship and full-time positions. I interviewed for the full-time position even though I didn't have experience working in an accounting firm. Three different people interviewed me, 30 minutes each. It was scary at first but once you start talking, you become familiar. I talked a lot about why I liked accounting and how it fits with my love for puzzles. After that, I took their cards if they gave me one or asked them if they didn't already. I e-mailed the interviewers individually on the same day (before I could forget what we talked about) and expressed my thanks and followed up on any discussion that was interesting or didn't have time to talk about in our interview. Well, that was my story. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• I did not have any difficult questions believe or not. My interviewers really wanted to know about my personality and how I can fit as a team. I guess for those who have not really work in teams too often may find that question difficult?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I really wanted to work for McGladrey, so when the recruiter called me and offered me the offer, I was ecstatic. She told me what my salary would be and told me that she would send all the benefits via e-mail for me to look at. I had 1 or 2 weeks to either accept/decline the offer. I accepted it right away the next day. The offer acceptance was an easy process. I made no negotiation because honestly I got offered a job at an accounting firm that I really wanted to work at. The benefits and compensations seemed good enough for me.

Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied through college career website as well as McGladrey website. Two weeks after submitting my application, I received a call to schedule an on-site interview. The interview consists of presentation about the firm and three one-on-one interviews. The day after the interview, I got a call from the recruiter giving me an offer.