McGladrey LLP Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

2.8

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I had 2 interviews with people, they asked really intense questions for a summer internship. The interviewer also after super chilled and asking me personal questions so it loosened me to not be professional enough.

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY).

Interview

Met recruiter at career fair, was contacted for an interview a few weeks later, decided I should do the super days in end of October, was contacted 2 days after interview with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Teamwork question, 5 years question...mainly conversational.   Answer Question

Winter Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I don't attend a target school so there wasn't on campus recruitment. However, I reached out to a recruiter and she set up a phone interview with me. The phone interview was really short but it was an attempt to see if I was a good fit. After about a week or two, I was invited for an office interview(superday)

At the office interview, there was a welcome session, two interviews, lunch and a debrief. I interviewed with a Senior tax manager from the credits and incentives group and the Northeast Tax. The interviews were 30 minutes long each. After both interviews the other applicants and I interviewing for tax positions were given an office tour by two tax senior associates that took us out for lunch.

In general, it was a pretty pleasant experience and everyone I interacted with was very nice and were genuinely interested in getting to know you as an individual.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Very easy (in a good way) they understand that you are in a stressful point in your life and they really make the interview process as stress-free as possible. The company culture has really influenced my decision to follow through with working at RSM and this was something I noticed immediately while going through the interviewing process. As most people will tell you, always be yourself, but seriously, they really just wanted to get to know you. They didn't throw any curveballs at all. I actually enjoyed the process a lot because I got to meet new people at the company and all of them were great.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in tax?   1 Answer

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

RSM is a very relaxed environment, their interviews tend to be very conversational. Be prepared to ask a lot of questions about the firm and be able to carry a conversation with the tax professionals. Be sure to emphasize teamwork as this is a huge quality RSM looks for. Also emphasize that you prefer mid size firms and give reasons such as preferring to be closer to your co-workers, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why accounting?   Answer Question
    • What are 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Think of a time when people that you managed were not performing up to par. What did you say to them and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and straight forward. I was called by one of the college recruiters that I was selected for an interview on campus. After my interview I received an email from the same recruiter about a week later containing an offer letter.

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview was very easy. No technical questions at all. I had two rounds of interviews which were very conversational and relaxed. They were more concerned with whether or not I would fit the company culture than technical skills. Took everyone out for lunch after, overall nice process.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing you are most proud of that is not on your resume?   1 Answer

Senior Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Very informative and relatively less technical than expected. The interviewers involved upper level management that included the partner in charge of the group, two senior managers, and one manager from a different group that the group worked closely with. The manager from another group provided a nice break up in the interviewing process and was a pleasant surprise.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in this group?   1 Answer

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with a campus recruiter at Career Fair. Offered an on-campus interview with one of the partners who was an alumni. Very simple behavioral based interview where he made me feel very comfortable. Went to NYC for in-office interview where I was with a group of roughly 15 other students applying. We were all separated and met with 2 different partners for 2 30-minute interviews. One of the partners was a bit condescending so I could tell it didn't go too well. After the interviews, two entry level staff members took a small group of us out to lunch. Overall was a nice day-long process with the exception of the one partner making me a few rude comments during the interview.

Supervisor - Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I submitted a resume online and within a week or so heard back from a recruiter. We did a phone interview. I then did another phone interview with a manager. I was then asked to come down to NYC for an office interview. My office interview was with 2 partners and an hr person. I was given an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I'm not sure if I could have negotiated, I didn't try.