McGladrey LLP Tax Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McGladrey LLP Tax Associate Interview Questions

2.3

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Irvine, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. After passing phone interview invited to interview with 3 different people at the Irvine office. Interview lasted approx 30 min per person. interviewers want to see how you are as a person because they will be working long hours with you. be sure to sound passionate about position you applied for and emphasize you could work long hours during tax season. I interviewed with a sr and two managers. No technical accounting question asked. Have a list of questions you could ask them to show interest.

Interview Questions

• why tax? Why accounting? What classes did you like? Some questions were behavior.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Davenport, IA) in June 2015.

Interview

Went to Pathways Program which was a 2 day program of exploring the company on the first day with panel discussions and department briefings. The second day was three rounds of 30-minute interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

Overall, easy interview. They are more concerned with liking you than if you will make a good employee.
    The first in person interview was for the wrong position. No one would fess up to how that happened. They requested a second in house interview two weeks later, where I met with the same department and was asked the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you married?
      Do you have kids?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

First had a phone interview to set up the interview and then met with a senior and partner in the office. At the office I got a tour at first and then went in for the interview. I was told I would receive a call back quickly.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a group situation that didn't go according to plan?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Standard interview process. First round--on campus. Second round--office visit with three interviewers.

It's important to make a good impression at events during the pre-interview stage. Getting to know the firm and the people handling recruiting at career fairs and social events goes a long way towards doing well during more formal interviews. I had already established a good report with my first-round interviewer at prior events, so the actual interview went very smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Interviews were mainly behavioral.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (South Florida, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

On campus interview was with a partner, typical behavior questions. Shortly after I was invited to office visit. About 40 of us were interviewing, 3 back to back 30 min interviews. I thought they went well, almost entirely conversational, the last of the 3 definitely went less smooth than the others. Got a 'thanks but no thanks' email a few days later.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Irvine, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

On Campus Interviews- 1 manager interview
    In House interviews- 3 interviews with managers/supervisors
    Lunch with associates, senior associates, and supervisors (informal interview to see how you get along with the team)

Interview Questions

• What is a time you had a challenge and how did you overcome it?
      Do you work well with others? How   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Blue Bell, PA) in November 2010.

Interview

Had an on campus interview set up by mar schools career center. I was notified for a second interview a week or two later. I went in for the interview, had lunch, and met with 2 people for individual interviews. Overall it was a positive experience.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2008.

Interview

Very Pleasant. Very straight forward questions with just a couple behavioral questions. Be sure to know why you want to work for them and where you want to go in your career.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Orlando, FL) in December 2009.

Interview

I was interviewing right out of college. There was one campus interview, one social event, a pre-office visit dinner, and an office visit. Their interview process was much longer than any of the other firms. Our first interview was in October and office visits didn't begin until the middle of November.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were the typical. They wanted to know about things on my resume, what type of experience I've had, where I want to go, what type of work I enjoy, how i handle conflict, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had already accepted another offer, so I declined upon receipt. There was no negotiation phase.