McGladrey LLP Winter Tax Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Winter Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Basic college recruit. Applied through campus career center. Meet some partners and recruiters at the career fair. Selected for on-campus interview. 1on1 interview with tax partner. Awesome guy, nice conversations. Basic questions, just to get to know you and you're interests in the firm and accounting. Nothing technical. I think there were a few questions on teaming, but those came up naturally in the convo. Invited to the office visit and notified the day following. The office visit was the following week. Meet with two partners for 45 minutes each. Very down to earth people and they just asked about your experiences and why you would want the internship and work in public accounting. I got the offer the monday after following the friday interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected. In my opinion, the good firms these days just want to get to know you.   Answer Question

Went with a Big 4 firm I felt more comfortable with. Basically, the only reason was because the McGladrey office was more boring and bleak (furniture and layout wise) compared to the big 4 I am going with. McGladrey is impressive anyhow.