McGraw Hill Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 19, 2016

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through school. First round was tech interview on campus, asking to design an application to show different statistics, then asked questions about the design (how do you know it was good, what makes the design better than others ect.ect.) also asked about workflows. They then had an interview in New York, where I meet with 3 different people on the BA team. One of them grilled and critisized my application, one of them asked to describe a different app that I enjoyed using and why i liked it, one of them was just a general conversation to see if i was a good fit for the company.

Analytics Sale Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The lady was very nice and supportive. She asked minimum questions and preferred to listen to a candidate.
    They promised to call back and schedule the second interview. But nobody called.
    It is better not to know right away if you fit this position or not than to hope further and look forward to next interview

Interview Questions

• What was the role on previous job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial.

Interview

I received an email from one of the recruiters saying that I have been selected to have a quick phone chat the next day. I emailed back to say you can reach at 3:00 pm tomorrow. However, it has been passed 3:00 pm and I haven't received any phone calls from them, even no emails replied to me. I am so surprised at this situation, didn't expected this would happen, and could anyone tell me what should I do now? Btw, I looked up on the glassdoor interview reviews, they do have negative comments about the long-run process of their recruiter team, however, I didn't see any comments talking about the recruiters forgot or ignored the phone time. Anyone? Anyone can help?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial in July 2015.

Interview

They emailed me to say they wanted to set up a phone Interview, phone interview was roughly 30 minutes long, and they offered me the position a few day later. Process was pleasant and everyone I talked to was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Technical skills with excel   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then was called in for an in-person interview. The interviewer didn't remember anything we had discussed on the phone. After the in-person interview, interviewer told me that interviewer wanted to bring me on but interviewer needed team approval, and that the team assistant would be in touch with me to schedule a meeting with the entire team. I emailed a week after the interview but received no response. After 3 weeks, I still had no heard anything. I emailed again and was finally told that the assistant would be in touch with me later that day. Assistant never contacted me. This was for an unpaid position.

Client Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (Denver, CO).

Interview

30 Minute screening call with their recruiter that asked some technical knowledge and experience questions regarding the stock markets. Then as in-person interview with hiring manager and one of his peers. They had a list of customer service related questions and also tested my skills on the computer including an Excel case study.

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Was contacted for a 5-10 min. phone interview in order for the company to gain a general knowledge of who I was. Then a 30 min. phone interview with a superior. Was then asked to come in for a formal interview with 3 executives.

Interview Questions

• What was one hardship that you faced in a previous position, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR which was very thorough in that they asked about commuting (can you get here from there) and if I was "in process" for any other job at any other company. The second interview was with the business unit manager, which I could see I wasn't connecting with and at one point seemed argumentative. I knew I was sunk when he cut the interview short to go to a meeting, and said someone will be in touch. What bothers me most is I never heard from them, not even the beige e-mail stating "thanks, but no thanks."

Senior Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial in December 2014.

Interview

Final performance review handled over conference call. It was the 1st time it had been handled this way and allowed for more people to participate which gave me broader feedback. I really felt it was very useful.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McGraw Hill Financial.

Interview

Great structured communication with hiring manager. Went through phone interview and second round in person with hiring manager and a panel of other managers/salesrep for one on one interviews.