McKesson Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

McKesson Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Feb 15, 2017

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKesson (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received an e-mail for a phone screen with HR right before Thanksgiving. Did not hear anything back for 2 weeks. Got a call to do a phone interview with hiring manager. Did the phone interview early December. They sated that they were looking to make a decision before Christmas. Christmas came and went and heard nothing. Got an e-mail asking if I were still interested in mid Jan. Went in for an in person with hiring manager and team member in mid-late January. 2 weeks later received rejection e-mail.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McKesson (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

straight forward 2 on 1. Traditional style questions, nothing weird or that I wasn't prepared for. Two top managers alternating questions. Questions seemed pretty standard and probably didn't reveal as much to them as they thought - or in hindsight as much as I would have liked.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews and one in person. The hiring manager was very direct in his questions and he had a lot of good things to say. The structure of the job was not clear and lot of changes were happening withing the company.

Interview Questions

• General questions like why do you want to work for mckesson   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Done remotely over the phone, spoke with 2 recruiters but did not hear back. Was supposed to get assistance from the company since I had been laid off, but did not appear to assist former employees with the interview process for a new position

Interview Questions

• What type of implementation had I done in the past.   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKesson (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Although long, met with multiple leaders, the recruiter kept me informed of status. Recruiter clearly identified what the hiring managers concerns were so I could prepare to address them during the interview. As this was an internal position, I understood the process but could see this would be frustrating for external candidates who are unfamiliar with the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of leading a team through a significant change in direction.   Answer Question

Internal Consulting Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at McKesson (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

I used an internal contact to help secure the interview. Did face to face with two people and a teleconference with the third. The campus was really nice. The building was beautiful and security was tight. The people from security on up were exceptionally friendly and nice. One of the interviewers had a conflict and we were easily able to reschedule that - one of the assistants there even offered to hold a conference room so that it could take place. Questions asked were standard type questions, with some lingo that is probably McKesson specific. They dive exceptionally deeply into the topic so be prepared to speak to anything at the micro level.

Interview Questions

• To give the wave caps of my career   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

They called me on the phone and the HR talked to me then the manager and then the director. Eventually I came in to meet with the whole group of managers. Everyone was very nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The offer was more than I expected.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

1. Apply for the job
    2. Get an email from HR the next day to schedule a preliminary call (about a week from then)
    3. Talk to the HR - if they like your profile expect a follow up call next week from Sr recruiter and the Sr Recruiter forwards the profile to the hiring manager
    4. Expect an email to confirm a time for phone interview with hiring manager
    5. Talk with the Hiring manager(s) on the phone
    6. Expect an in person interview after 1 - 2 weeks

The whole process should easily take 1 month. Things move slow in this company.

Interview Questions

• After the introduction, you're expected to talk a lot not only about yourself but also ask questions from the interviewer - they really appreciate it!

Organizational skills are an asset.

Your SQL/Technical knowledge should be top notch and expect SQL test
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated and got a meager increase.

Senior Performance Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McKesson (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It was 4 step process. First with HR, Manager Level, Team Level, Test Team Level

Interview Questions

• Where you want to be in next 5 yrs   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, just you can say that what you are looking for and check the market value before negotiation. Give them enough room to think and make a decision.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McKesson (Atlanta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough and lengthy. Involved several phone call interviews, and two of face-to-face interviews. Interacted with no less that 8 individuals, felt the interviewers were very prepared and interested in the process. Tough, but great experience.