McKesson Implementation Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.2

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at McKesson (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

1 hour phone interview, followed in person 4 days later with 1 hour behavioural based questions, 15 min presentation followed by questions, 20 min peer interview.

Everyone was friendly and open. Different managers joined and left the interview for certain parts, but one led the interview process.

Very positive experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McKesson

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKesson (Charlotte, NC) in February 2013.

Interview

it was pleasant and friendly with a personal feeling of talking to family and friends. the interview was unlike any others where I was very comfortable. HR staff was also very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• if you had to figure out hoe to work something would you read a book of instructions or figure it out?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at McKesson (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2015.

Interview

Discussed background and job requirements. Asked about my previous experience in the field as well as my qualifications. Compensation was not discussed. However, costs covered by the company were discussed.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know procedures for different modalities   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in March 2011.

Interview

Started with a Phone Screening Interview with HR - about 15 minutes. Standard phone screening. Followed by a face to face interview with the Director and a Manager. The in person interview lasted about an hour. I was required to conduct a presentation about what I knew about the product. The final meeting was to negotiate employee contract.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous work experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at McKesson (Blue Bell, PA) in October 2008.

Interview

The actual interview process consisted of the following steps:
    -- Phone interview / screening with the Corporate Recruiter
    -- Phone interview with the Hiring Manager (a Director)
    -- In-person interviews (both 1:1 and group) on site

I had to follow up quite a bit after the actual on-site interviews, but this was quite understandable as I was interviewing during a time when the economy was surely and rapidly heading into a seemingly bottomless recession. After I accepted the offer, I had to undergo a background check.

For the position I interviewed for, sound knowledge of Java programming and databases should have carried any candidate through. Expect to be challenged to think beyond your past projects during the technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• Through the use of UML diagrams, describe a system that you worked on (designed, coded etc). How would you improve the design? How would you improve the efficiency? What are the trade-offs?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiter was able to find quickly a middle ground which was mutually acceptable. However, I'm not one prone to spending a whole lot of time haggling.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McKesson (Alpharetta, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

As a contractor this was a very smooth process.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKesson in November 2011.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 panel interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Adhere to established pay ranges

Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKesson in October 2010.

Interview

1. Call with team member
    2. Call with internal manager
    3. Formal interview with mgmt staff

Interview Questions

• Was there a time when you turned a negative experience into a positive one?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKesson (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2009.

Interview

Just based on the interview process and lack of communication from HR, I would be careful considering a job at this company. They are a small organization - 50 employees, so a high risk!