McKesson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKesson Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.8

Technical Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson in November 2011.

Interview

Process began with recruiter phone interview of about 1 hour. Asked pretty standard questions relating to experience.
    Then interviewed with the manager who I would be working for by phone- this interview lasted a couple of hours and was a mix of behavioral questions--tell me about a time when you... Also asked reasons behind why I wanted to work for McKesson. One of the things I think he appreciated was that I mentioned the long history of the company and would like to be a part of its continuing success into the next century.

Made it to round three which consisted of the hiring manager sending me some files about one of their products and then asking me to put together a 15 minute training presentation--notes and PowerPoint to present at the final interview. I had 24 hours to put this together with an additional requirement- that I also do a training presentation on a subject matter of my choice.

At final interview, face to face, I had to do a training session on the two items above and then answer another slew of off the cuff situational questions using the incident, problem, solution format. Total time for this interview was about 3 hours.

I then received an email from recruiting the next day telling me thanks but no thanks. In retrospect, I should have kept the situational responses more to the point but I am a trainer and am used to talking at length.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed at handling a work-related situation? What happened, what did you do, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Biomedical RSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Mckesson for Biomedical RSA position, they looked for experienced candidates with medical device network software development. They also want candidates with knowledge of cardiovascular disease and general treatments.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about ISO, CSA and IEC regulatory standards?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at McKesson in October 2016.

Interview

Group interview with roughly 15-20 people, and there were 2 groups, so 30-40 people in total were interviewed. The interview, however, was for a single position. I feel it's extremely rude to interview 30-40 people for a single position when competing companies interview 2-4 people per position.

HRBP Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKesson in February 2016.

Interview

Series of Phone interviews. Two in person out of state interviews. Very responsive and very professional. Appears to be a very vision driven company, wants a dynamic, well versed, committed and experience HR level professional.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKesson (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Several Phone Interviews with Data Analysis team. Asked about background, working philosophy, team skills, etc. Provided a skills test for tableau and Excel VBA. Reviewed skills test. Talked a lot about background. Could tell they were trying to get a feel for my personality and skill set. Were very friendly and engaging. A small team but they are clearly looking for the right fit to add to that team.

Interview Questions

• Provided a Tableau and VBA assignment and asked about background.   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at McKesson (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Four interviews, two with HR screening, and one phone interview and one on one with hiring manager and subordinate. Process was very quick and took about a week. Status returned within a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to asked questions and know something about the companies business. Be prepare to relate experience to position requirements to gain traction. Pay attention to keeping hiring manager on track and concentrate on selling yourself and your skills. Appeared to want health care experience even though it wasn't a position requirement.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Cambridge, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

Start up company with an exciting team looking to grow their account management team. Initial phone interview with VP of Business Development followed by in-person interview with VP of Sales.

Interview Questions

• They wanted talent with direct hospital account management experience.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

They had a thorough interview process. There was an initial phone screen interview. After passing the phone screen, there was an in-person interview with the two reporting managers. After passing that stage, there was another in-person interview with the director level (reporting manager's manager). If I had . That was followed by an interview performed by the reporting supervisor. The third stage was with the director. The final stage was with our HR Director.

Interview Questions

• If you were to get the position, how would your current peers perceive you in the new position   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at McKesson (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

1 hour phone interview, followed in person 4 days later with 1 hour behavioural based questions, 15 min presentation followed by questions, 20 min peer interview.

Everyone was friendly and open. Different managers joined and left the interview for certain parts, but one led the interview process.

Very positive experience.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Second face-to-face interview consisting of three consecutive 30 minute interviews with different members of the project management team followed by a one hour case study and presentation activity. As with the first face-to-face interview, this one did not start on time. Had to wait in the lobby for nearly 15 minutes before someone showed up to bring me inside. No one seemed to know what was the next step in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to cope with tight or strict deadlines.   Answer Question
    • Give me a time when you had to convey bad news.   1 Answer