McKesson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 10, 2017

2.8

227 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson in November 2011.

Interview

Process began with recruiter phone interview of about 1 hour. Asked pretty standard questions relating to experience.
    Then interviewed with the manager who I would be working for by phone- this interview lasted a couple of hours and was a mix of behavioral questions--tell me about a time when you... Also asked reasons behind why I wanted to work for McKesson. One of the things I think he appreciated was that I mentioned the long history of the company and would like to be a part of its continuing success into the next century.

Made it to round three which consisted of the hiring manager sending me some files about one of their products and then asking me to put together a 15 minute training presentation--notes and PowerPoint to present at the final interview. I had 24 hours to put this together with an additional requirement- that I also do a training presentation on a subject matter of my choice.

At final interview, face to face, I had to do a training session on the two items above and then answer another slew of off the cuff situational questions using the incident, problem, solution format. Total time for this interview was about 3 hours.

I then received an email from recruiting the next day telling me thanks but no thanks. In retrospect, I should have kept the situational responses more to the point but I am a trainer and am used to talking at length.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed at handling a work-related situation? What happened, what did you do, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Contract Revenue Support Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

There was no interview received a confirmation to be interviewed and a phone number verification the recruiters name and time never received the call. My question is simple what do I do at this point set another appointment and someone call me or is there anyone I could speak with about this issue I'm having I just want the recruiter assigned to me to please give me a call or notice by email

Interview Questions

• How do I reach a recruiter to start the over the phone interview process...I have the name of the person she was suppose to call me never received a call.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

Condescending and Aburpt: Only apply here if you are an exact match to role and their salary range, even though you don't know what range is.. You have to really want to work for them, versus exploring the opportunity. ALL initial questions all seemed about screening people out, rather than looking for a skills to the position that was posted. Never even discussed the posting after 11 mins the leading questions got me to " NO " pile.

Interview Questions

• 6 minutes into the phone screen, I Need you to complete following statement:" I do not want to be considered for a position that pays less than x, I need you fill in the x"   1 Answer
    • Do you have any other interview scheduled and in what stages are they. We would expect the courtsey of you withdrawing your application if you accept a position elsewhere.   1 Answer

Analysis Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

mainly technical questions, very detail. They are expecting find a person that has exact experience as they are doing. Should have get prepared according to the job description.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter who did a phone interview/pre-screen for the position. She then passed my resume on to an HR person who then (about 2 days later) scheduled me for a face to face interview with the hiring manager. From the time I had the phone screen to the time I actually had the face to face was about 2 weeks. So once I arrived at the building I was greeted by a receptionist who gave me a visitors badge and took my ID. I was escorted to a conference room where I patiently waited for the manager to arrive and interview me. To my surprise, 6 people showed up and I was given a panel interview (I was under the impression it would be just the manager) the interview was pretty intense, all 6 people asked 2 or 3 questions a piece and it lasted about 45 minutes. After the interview, the manager gave me a quick tour of the facility and explained more in detail what the job would entail. After the tour he took me back to the conference room where I thought I would grab my purse and leave.... to my surprise however, the Director of Operations wanted to interview me as well. So I was interviewed by him and that lasted about 15 minutes. Before leaving, He told me I could expect hear something back within a couple of days.... it has been 2 weeks and I have not heard anything from anyone. I can only assume I did not get the position, which is fine. I just wish they would let you know instead of leaving you hanging and wondering. That alone lets me know they aren't a company I would want to work for.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had conflict with a colleague and explain how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Assuming we'd hire you, what's the very first thing you'd do upon starting your new job?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question

Clinical Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKesson (New York, NY).

Interview

It last for about 45 minutes.The interviewer made me feel uncomfortable and unsure about a lot of question asked.She never told me when I would find out if I got the job.I never even got a email back saying that I didn't get it and it's been three weeks now.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you were able to meet a deadline?   1 Answer

Biomedical RSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Mckesson for Biomedical RSA position, they looked for experienced candidates with medical device network software development. They also want candidates with knowledge of cardiovascular disease and general treatments.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about ISO, CSA and IEC regulatory standards?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at McKesson in October 2016.

Interview

Group interview with roughly 15-20 people, and there were 2 groups, so 30-40 people in total were interviewed. The interview, however, was for a single position. I feel it's extremely rude to interview 30-40 people for a single position when competing companies interview 2-4 people per position.

HRBP Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKesson in February 2016.

Interview

Series of Phone interviews. Two in person out of state interviews. Very responsive and very professional. Appears to be a very vision driven company, wants a dynamic, well versed, committed and experience HR level professional.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKesson (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Several Phone Interviews with Data Analysis team. Asked about background, working philosophy, team skills, etc. Provided a skills test for tableau and Excel VBA. Reviewed skills test. Talked a lot about background. Could tell they were trying to get a feel for my personality and skill set. Were very friendly and engaging. A small team but they are clearly looking for the right fit to add to that team.

Interview Questions

• Provided a Tableau and VBA assignment and asked about background.   1 Answer