McKesson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

561 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Robbinsville, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McKesson (Robbinsville, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

The hiring interview was a joke. There are 2 members of management sitting accross from you reading questions from a typed piece of paper. Then they write down the answers that you give them back on the piece of paper. The whole thing took maybe 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They would ask dumb questions and they all had to do with previous employment. For example, "In your previous employment, describe a racial incident that happen to or around you and how did it make you feel and what did you do about it." They asked more of the same dumb question except just substituted racial incident for others such as sexual harrassment, ect.

If that specific situation didn't happen they just sat there and looked at you until you made up a story. So that's exactly what I did. When they asked me certain questions that didn't pertain to me about specific events, I just started creating characters in my head like.. "Yea I remember that one time Anthony sexually assaulted Lisa, he grabbed her butt and it made me feel uncomfortable and I said "Yo the supervisor watching" and he stopped." Be prepared to make up these type of phony stories because they may just not hire you because you work history isn't interesting enough.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase. Your pay is in stone

Windows/Database Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McKesson (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

The process is very demanding because the interviews require alot of tecnical knowledge. The key point that was advised to me from college by my professor was know your craft. When technical questions are aimed at you it should not be no reason why that question couldn't be answered.

Interview Questions

• What is an OVA and how is it built?   1 Answer

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McKesson (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2011.

Interview

Met HR , took test, meet staff met one on one with Staff, tour of facility,discussed references, past employers, went over job description, Flew to another site for service look then Marketing strategy, took marketing test for review, Discussed benefits again, Job performance review policies and procedures.went of expense and budget procedures.

Interview Questions

• where do you want to be in 5yrs   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

Very lengthy. Four separate interviews. One with HR which is just general interview questions. Strengths and weaknesses type deal. Then ride along with a sales rep to make sure you want to do their job, pretty straight forward. no hard questions. Then with a Sales leader who would be your immediate supervisor which asks you to prove your self and asks very detail oriented and situational questions. Finally with the Regional VP of sales, a little more relaxed but still along the same line of questioning, that might be why it was more relaxed....already had time to think about most of the questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell "this" to me if this was your nth attempt and I never give you my attention?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was much more than I know most were offered so i jumped on it.

Technical Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson in November 2011.

Interview

Process began with recruiter phone interview of about 1 hour. Asked pretty standard questions relating to experience.
    Then interviewed with the manager who I would be working for by phone- this interview lasted a couple of hours and was a mix of behavioral questions--tell me about a time when you... Also asked reasons behind why I wanted to work for McKesson. One of the things I think he appreciated was that I mentioned the long history of the company and would like to be a part of its continuing success into the next century.

Made it to round three which consisted of the hiring manager sending me some files about one of their products and then asking me to put together a 15 minute training presentation--notes and PowerPoint to present at the final interview. I had 24 hours to put this together with an additional requirement- that I also do a training presentation on a subject matter of my choice.

At final interview, face to face, I had to do a training session on the two items above and then answer another slew of off the cuff situational questions using the incident, problem, solution format. Total time for this interview was about 3 hours.

I then received an email from recruiting the next day telling me thanks but no thanks. In retrospect, I should have kept the situational responses more to the point but I am a trainer and am used to talking at length.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed at handling a work-related situation? What happened, what did you do, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Process Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

First you have a phone with recruiter, then the hiring manager will set you up with an in person with all the team. Last is doing a full on case study

Interview Questions

• Why McKesson. And a detailed case study   1 Answer

Contract Revenue Support Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

There was no interview received a confirmation to be interviewed and a phone number verification the recruiters name and time never received the call. My question is simple what do I do at this point set another appointment and someone call me or is there anyone I could speak with about this issue I'm having I just want the recruiter assigned to me to please give me a call or notice by email

Interview Questions

• How do I reach a recruiter to start the over the phone interview process...I have the name of the person she was suppose to call me never received a call.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

Condescending and Aburpt: Only apply here if you are an exact match to role and their salary range, even though you don't know what range is.. You have to really want to work for them, versus exploring the opportunity. ALL initial questions all seemed about screening people out, rather than looking for a skills to the position that was posted. Never even discussed the posting after 11 mins the leading questions got me to " NO " pile.

Interview Questions

• 6 minutes into the phone screen, I Need you to complete following statement:" I do not want to be considered for a position that pays less than x, I need you fill in the x"   1 Answer
    • Do you have any other interview scheduled and in what stages are they. We would expect the courtsey of you withdrawing your application if you accept a position elsewhere.   1 Answer

Analysis Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

mainly technical questions, very detail. They are expecting find a person that has exact experience as they are doing. Should have get prepared according to the job description.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter who did a phone interview/pre-screen for the position. She then passed my resume on to an HR person who then (about 2 days later) scheduled me for a face to face interview with the hiring manager. From the time I had the phone screen to the time I actually had the face to face was about 2 weeks. So once I arrived at the building I was greeted by a receptionist who gave me a visitors badge and took my ID. I was escorted to a conference room where I patiently waited for the manager to arrive and interview me. To my surprise, 6 people showed up and I was given a panel interview (I was under the impression it would be just the manager) the interview was pretty intense, all 6 people asked 2 or 3 questions a piece and it lasted about 45 minutes. After the interview, the manager gave me a quick tour of the facility and explained more in detail what the job would entail. After the tour he took me back to the conference room where I thought I would grab my purse and leave.... to my surprise however, the Director of Operations wanted to interview me as well. So I was interviewed by him and that lasted about 15 minutes. Before leaving, He told me I could expect hear something back within a couple of days.... it has been 2 weeks and I have not heard anything from anyone. I can only assume I did not get the position, which is fine. I just wish they would let you know instead of leaving you hanging and wondering. That alone lets me know they aren't a company I would want to work for.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had conflict with a colleague and explain how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Assuming we'd hire you, what's the very first thing you'd do upon starting your new job?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question