McKesson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.7

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Robbinsville, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McKesson (Robbinsville, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

The hiring interview was a joke. There are 2 members of management sitting accross from you reading questions from a typed piece of paper. Then they write down the answers that you give them back on the piece of paper. The whole thing took maybe 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They would ask dumb questions and they all had to do with previous employment. For example, "In your previous employment, describe a racial incident that happen to or around you and how did it make you feel and what did you do about it." They asked more of the same dumb question except just substituted racial incident for others such as sexual harrassment, ect.

If that specific situation didn't happen they just sat there and looked at you until you made up a story. So that's exactly what I did. When they asked me certain questions that didn't pertain to me about specific events, I just started creating characters in my head like.. "Yea I remember that one time Anthony sexually assaulted Lisa, he grabbed her butt and it made me feel uncomfortable and I said "Yo the supervisor watching" and he stopped." Be prepared to make up these type of phony stories because they may just not hire you because you work history isn't interesting enough.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase. Your pay is in stone

Windows/Database Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McKesson (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

The process is very demanding because the interviews require alot of tecnical knowledge. The key point that was advised to me from college by my professor was know your craft. When technical questions are aimed at you it should not be no reason why that question couldn't be answered.

Interview Questions

• What is an OVA and how is it built?   1 Answer

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McKesson (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2011.

Interview

Met HR , took test, meet staff met one on one with Staff, tour of facility,discussed references, past employers, went over job description, Flew to another site for service look then Marketing strategy, took marketing test for review, Discussed benefits again, Job performance review policies and procedures.went of expense and budget procedures.

Interview Questions

• where do you want to be in 5yrs   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

Very lengthy. Four separate interviews. One with HR which is just general interview questions. Strengths and weaknesses type deal. Then ride along with a sales rep to make sure you want to do their job, pretty straight forward. no hard questions. Then with a Sales leader who would be your immediate supervisor which asks you to prove your self and asks very detail oriented and situational questions. Finally with the Regional VP of sales, a little more relaxed but still along the same line of questioning, that might be why it was more relaxed....already had time to think about most of the questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell "this" to me if this was your nth attempt and I never give you my attention?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was much more than I know most were offered so i jumped on it.

Technical Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson in November 2011.

Interview

Process began with recruiter phone interview of about 1 hour. Asked pretty standard questions relating to experience.
    Then interviewed with the manager who I would be working for by phone- this interview lasted a couple of hours and was a mix of behavioral questions--tell me about a time when you... Also asked reasons behind why I wanted to work for McKesson. One of the things I think he appreciated was that I mentioned the long history of the company and would like to be a part of its continuing success into the next century.

Made it to round three which consisted of the hiring manager sending me some files about one of their products and then asking me to put together a 15 minute training presentation--notes and PowerPoint to present at the final interview. I had 24 hours to put this together with an additional requirement- that I also do a training presentation on a subject matter of my choice.

At final interview, face to face, I had to do a training session on the two items above and then answer another slew of off the cuff situational questions using the incident, problem, solution format. Total time for this interview was about 3 hours.

I then received an email from recruiting the next day telling me thanks but no thanks. In retrospect, I should have kept the situational responses more to the point but I am a trainer and am used to talking at length.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed at handling a work-related situation? What happened, what did you do, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Clinical Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKesson (New York, NY).

Interview

It last for about 45 minutes.The interviewer made me feel uncomfortable and unsure about a lot of question asked.She never told me when I would find out if I got the job.I never even got a email back saying that I didn't get it and it's been three weeks now.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you were able to meet a deadline?   1 Answer

Biomedical RSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Mckesson for Biomedical RSA position, they looked for experienced candidates with medical device network software development. They also want candidates with knowledge of cardiovascular disease and general treatments.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about ISO, CSA and IEC regulatory standards?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Westminster, CO) in December 2013.

Interview

First there was a phone interview. Then, I was brought in for an examine on software programming and software engineering. After the test, The position was described to me and there was some discussion about the product. Then I was brought back for a third interview where multiple engineers would quiz me on various topics.

Software Development Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at McKesson in October 2016.

Interview

Group interview with roughly 15-20 people, and there were 2 groups, so 30-40 people in total were interviewed. The interview, however, was for a single position. I feel it's extremely rude to interview 30-40 people for a single position when competing companies interview 2-4 people per position.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

1. Apply for the job
    2. Get an email from HR the next day to schedule a preliminary call (about a week from then)
    3. Talk to the HR - if they like your profile expect a follow up call next week from Sr recruiter and the Sr Recruiter forwards the profile to the hiring manager
    4. Expect an email to confirm a time for phone interview with hiring manager
    5. Talk with the Hiring manager(s) on the phone
    6. Expect an in person interview after 1 - 2 weeks

The whole process should easily take 1 month. Things move slow in this company.

Interview Questions

• After the introduction, you're expected to talk a lot not only about yourself but also ask questions from the interviewer - they really appreciate it!

Organizational skills are an asset.

Your SQL/Technical knowledge should be top notch and expect SQL test
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated and got a meager increase.