McKesson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKesson Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.7

Tech Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

Non-technical, technical, situational and behavioral interview type questions. Good spread of interviewers (total 5) across the teams who this position will be working with. Actively listened to my responses, and moderately casual. Important to be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult customer, and how did you deal with them over the phone?   Answer Question

HR Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKesson (Aurora, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

First is a phone interview with the lead HR Associate. Second interview is an in person interview with the lead HR Associate and a Customer Service Manager. Third interview is a phone interview with the HR Business Manager.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Richmond, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screening with HR, then two more phone interviews with finance and accounting department heads. Everyone was very nice and made me really excited about the job. After getting offer letter, have to complete a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Mostly conversational. "Walk me through your resume," "how did you hear about McKesson?" "Why McKesson?" "Tell me about a time you were a leader"   Answer Question

Director, RX Service and Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKesson (Richmond, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I initially had a phone screen with a recruiter, and then when onsite for two interviews - one with the hiring manager and one with the individual who was vacating the role as she had been promoted.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview, nothing jumped out as unique. Both employees were very friendly and courteous.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walpole, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Walpole, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Received email from HR requesting phone interview. The phone interview with HR was simply a monologue on their part- very few questions were asked of me. The interviewer seemed fully disinterested and in a hurry.
    I then received a request to phone interview with the hiring manager. I was sent an email with the date and time- very challenging to meet their time constraints. The manager interview was more of the same- a monologue.
    I've not heard back, and frankly this isn't the company for me. It seems there's a lot of turnover- and judging by the way both HR and the hiring manager acted, I can see why.

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (New Castle, PA).

Interview

HR called me and had me do an online evaluation and set up a time for a face to face. Then I met with HR and did a basic interview, with assorted questions. After that, HR told me about another interview I had to do, and told me the names of the people who would do them. It was two managers asking me the same questions HR had already asked.

After that they deliberated and a few weeks later I did the drug test. after that another week or so and i was hired.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked overtime before?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

I got the job through Adecco employment agency in downtown San Francisco, i worked for the various department within McKesson, and that also made for exciting times at work. They even offered me a full-time position in their HR department.

Interview Questions

• What did I like the most about my last employer?   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview with HR to prescreen candidates for a face to face. The interview lasted roughly half an hour and was very general - job experience, education, etc. The second step was a face to face with the DC Manager and their onsite HR person.
    Again, standard interview questions - work experience, what's the best/worst part of your job, how do you keep employees engaged, etc. After the sit down portion of the interview, I was shown around the DC. The entire process took roughly an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep your team engaged?   1 Answer

Customer Support Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

Impersonal process. Received an invite to schedule my own phone interview. Waited two weeks to do the interview. It lasted about 10 minutes. She didn't ask me about my experience or even get through my whole resume. The recruiter called late and was in a rush. I didnt have her information to follow up, never heard back about the interview.

Business Process Consultant Interview

Interview

As an internal candidate, the process is slightly different. An informal meeting with the hiring manager or department head is used to express interest. Interest is expressed to the existing manager so they can endorse and initiate a transition plan. An online application is submitted, and then HR completes a phone screening and then proceeds to Hiring Manager. If the hiring manager is impressed, then you are interviewed by business partners within different departments.

Interview Questions

• As an internal candidate, why are you interested in this role?   Answer Question