McKesson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.7

REMS Unit Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McKesson (New York, NY).

Interview

I found the interview process to not be very complicated. The atmosphere was casual. It's 20 to 30 minutes long. I have been interviewed by one or two individuals during one meeting. There maybe one or two interviews that take place.

Interview Questions

• What is ICARE an acronym for?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

One initial phone interview followed by long on site interview. One additional phone interview after the on site. Talked to everyone up and down the ladder to make sure it was a good fit both ways.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about background and experience, some technical questions but not a lot.   Answer Question

Finance Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moon Township, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKesson (Moon Township, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Overall this was a very disappointing and drawn out experience. I applied in November and was contacted within a week from a Recruiter. Had a 30 minute call with this person scheduled which was very high level and really just reviewing my resume and the job description. From there, several weeks passed and I was contacted by another Recruiter who was working with the hiring manager. We had an hour long call and several e-mails. Finally, after the holidays, in January I was asked to come in for an interview. This was a half day long affair meeting 1 on 1 with four individuals for an hour each, the last of which was the hiring manager. After receiving positive feedback from this, I was contacted by the hiring VP's admin to setup two Skype interviews that I would need to attend in person in the local office near my home. I was told this needed to be completed ASAP. I completed these (another half day of my time) and then the waiting game started. Up to this point, everyone was highly respectful of my time but from then on it was a complete waste. The Recruiter continued to follow up with me saying they were close to making a decision. On about the sixth time (well into March by now) that I was told to follow up in two weeks if I didn't hear anything, I took the hint and stopped bothering. To this day, six months after initially applying, I have yet to hear anything official.

I wasted a lot of time on this incredibly lengthy interview process getting to know various high-level individuals at this organization. I am interviewing for a high paying leadership role and they could not even be bothered to keep me up to date or respectfully inform me that I am not being considered for the role. This left an incredibly bad taste in my mouth and I would not recommend this disjointed large organization.

Interview Questions

• Take me through your resume (every single person I spoke to asked me this).   1 Answer

Product Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process seemed like it would be intimidating but it wasn't. I was told I had to interview with 5 people. Four managers and the team lead. Fortunately, each one of the interviewed me one on one so that took away the anxiety.

Interview Questions

• Very laid back interview with questions pertaining to my studies, experiences, and future career expectations.   Answer Question

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKesson (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university's career site and was contacted for an interview during email. She stated it was going to be a quick interview during lunch break at the Accounting Career Day at my university. It was very convenient for me since I also work at the university. But at the end, she stated that she was looking someone with prior accounting experience. My resume clearly did not indicate any accounting experience, and she said she was interested in the MBA I earned and my prior work experience. It was such a waste of time. Especially when there is a plethora of accounting students in the next room eating lunch who were interviewing for accounting jobs, so it wasn't like there was a shortage of possible qualified candidates. She was also eating her lunch in front of me while doing the interview, such a turnoff of interest for working for this company. You would think she would be better at doing this.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKesson (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received an e-mail for a phone screen with HR right before Thanksgiving. Did not hear anything back for 2 weeks. Got a call to do a phone interview with hiring manager. Did the phone interview early December. They sated that they were looking to make a decision before Christmas. Christmas came and went and heard nothing. Got an e-mail asking if I were still interested in mid Jan. Went in for an in person with hiring manager and team member in mid-late January. 2 weeks later received rejection e-mail.

Credit and Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at McKesson (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I had two great interviews with supervisors then a second with the director. This is a great company with a good culture and the ability to learn and grow. I've never done collections, but with the helpfulness of everyone around me, I was able to catch on quickly and do the job.

Reimbursement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Applied early Nov, called for a phone interview mid Nov, face to face interview in Dec.

The phone interview was roughly 20-30 minutes or so. Questions were situational. For any gaps I would need to explain and give reasoning as to why I left each employer that is listed on my resume. I would say almost a week later I was invited for a face to face interview. That's when the research began. Company facts, CEO and etc. YouTubed interview techniques and practices to help myself. Not that it was my first, but it was important to me.

Once I arrived to be interviewed I was overwhelmed with excitement, pleased I would actually be working in my field and my emotions ruined the interview. In such a way I was more so embarrassed then happy toward the end. The position starting salary was 35K.

Moral of the story don't show your true interest with starting your career with the company, that may ruin your chances. To top it off; during my interview, I was told " you're one of the best candidates I've had all day" only to follow up with a denial email two business days after. Job seekers do not give up, it will all work out!

Managerial Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

First step was a phone interview after which I was asked to come in for an in person interview. That interview lasted 2 hours and included a full tour of the plant. I was told that I would be called for a second interview after all the interviews had been completed. When I asked if my experience and background was comparable to other applicants I was told I had the most experience and was most definitely being considered. After 3 weeks with no word I called and was told that HR was requiring him to do one more interview. After 5 weeks I called HR Dept and was told same thing...that they were waiting on other interview to take place and to please let them know before I accepted another position because I was a top candidate. Finally after 2 months with no calls from them I called to let them I had received an offer with another company. The HR Dept asked me to please give McKesson 5 more days and apologized for the delay. I was told the reason it was taking so long was because of their corporate process. They assured me they were very interested in me for the job. On the 5th day I was told that they had decided to not hire for that position and were sorry for any inconvenience. Also they asked if the position came open in the future could they call me for it. I still have no idea what happened or why they left me on the hook for so long.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which the outcome was not favorable and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Engagement Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McKesson (Kansas City, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

McKesson flew me out to Kansas City for an interview. They covered all expenses & made the transportation process transparent. Although I was not offered the position, I greatly appreciated the opportunity to be interviewed for this position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about an idea you had & how you implemented it.   Answer Question