McKesson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKesson Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.7

RN Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from an in-house recruiter the same day. He explained the interview process to me very clearly and followed up with me quickly.

Interview Questions

• No surprise or trick questions. All inquiries were directly related to my experience and my thoughts about my role with patients and other customers   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKesson (Scottsdale, AZ) in November 2011.

Interview

The staff was warm and you could feel the culture when you first walk into the office. The management really sincerely cares for her team and you can tell right away. I had three interviews before a decision was made. I was given feedback for each and they were open and honest about how many other people were competing for the position. I have been supported to success and loved the interview process here.

Interview Questions

• Surprize question: How do you think that make M & M's?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was made because of my small amount of previous experience inb that roll. No negotiation.

Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McKesson in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online, next day was contacted by a recruiter, discussed the job description and asked about my background. The following week, a second recruiter contacted me, interviewed over the phone for 30 minutes. My next step was a in person interview with the hiring manager, site manager and 6 other managers. Was not prepared for this huge interview panel.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe your background
      2. How did you find out about Mckesson?
      3. Tell my about your tech. Skills?
      1 Answer

Associate - Finance Rotational Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Initial interview was a phone interview. I simply walked the recruiter through my resume, answered questions about my leadership experience, and explained why I was interested in McKesson.

My second, and final step, was two 30 minute interviews and case presentation at McKesson's corporate headquarters in San Francisco. They gave me a Stanford Business School case on a startup company, SKOLAR M.D. Acting as the CFO of SKOLAR presenting to the CEO, I presented my recommendations on ways to improve the company's ability to survive for the next 2 years and its ability to raised additional funds. The presentation was 15-20 minutes with Q and A afterwards. I interviewed with the VP of Investor Relations and a senior manager from Business Development. The senior manager from Business Development was an alum of the FRDP program.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult. I was pretty much asked about my interest in McKesson and my work experience   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

Two phone interviews with recruiters, two phone interviews with managers, face to face interview with manager.

Negotiation

None needed. They offered what I asked for.

Professional Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2009.

Interview

Met with 6 people. This included the hiring director, two managers, two VPs and the president of the business unit. Questions were pretty standard and fair. They basically asked about previous leadership experience and my management style.

Interview Questions

• What would be my biggest challenge in my new role and what is my 90 day strategy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR calls with an official offer. I counter offered and they met me in the middle. Not a lot of room to negotiate.

Business Process Manager - Strategic Process Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

1. Applied for job and recruiter contacted me within 2 days; talked for 15 minutes about goals, aspirations, etc. Discussed my knowledge and experience on P/L statements
    2. 30 minute interview with second recruiter about my past experiences
    3. 60 minute interview with Senior Director of Business Process
    4. Onsite Interview which included the following: 1 hour panel interview with 2 strategic process consultants (peers), 1 hour case study which includes developing a presentation, 1 hour discussing the results and presentation of the case study with Business Process Senior Manager and Senior Director
    5. 30 minute phone Interview with client in McKesson

Moved quickly through interview process which is great. The recruiting team did a great job of answering questions promptly.

Interview Questions

• Case study was the most difficult aspect. Just need to make sure to bone up on pharmaceutical distribution operations and industry.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Emeryville, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Submitted application via LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter within 3 business days. Set up a screening interview with talent acquisition (about 30 minutes of discussion about my experience, the position and the company). About a week later, she set up an interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager took a 30 minute interview with me (screening) and then at the end of the interview informed me that HR would contact me later in the week. About a week and a half passed before I saw that the job had closed on the original posting, so I followed up with my recruiter on the status of the application. She got back in touch within a business day that they would be moving me to another interview with the team/group director, which was set up within a few days.

I completed the interview with the director who then informed me at the end of the interview that there would be an on-site with approximately 5-6 rounds of interviews. They set up my itinerary within about a week to week and a half. Flight, hotel and transportation were all very considerately handled. About a day before the interview, the agenda of the interview changed to include a skills test and lunch with hiring manager and director in addition to the interviews with various representatives of other teams. I completed the on-site in about half a business day (4-5 hours) and left for the airport after lunch. The following day, I received a call from HR about an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a type of person that you don't get along with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not a lot that I thought needed to be negotiated. Competitive salary and benefits, flexible start date and great opportunity for my career.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Detailed interview process that can last up to 9 rounds. It helps to know someone in McKesson because resumes go into a black hole. Interviews are generally 30-minutes each, so plan stories and questions accordingly. A good question I asked extended the interview 20 minutes -- DO YOUR RESEARCH.

Negotiation

Fairly straightforward with positive results.

Director, Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson in April 2008.

Interview

The process went smoothly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes. Make sure you gross up any relocation benefits.