McKesson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.7

QA Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2011.

Interview

Interviewed initially with a technical recruiter by phone. Next I had an interview with the Hiring Manager. The third interview was a panel with the QA Team (about 12 people).

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about my QA background and former work experience. Questions from all 12 QA Analysts so it could be anyone asking anything at any given time.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McKesson (Atlanta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough and lengthy. Involved several phone call interviews, and two of face-to-face interviews. Interacted with no less that 8 individuals, felt the interviewers were very prepared and interested in the process. Tough, but great experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McKesson in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then went to f2f interview. After that had to complete a 3 hour case study. 2 hours to prepare and 1 hour to present. Very difficult, a little confusing. Will have to present a case study that is very ambiguous. Ask lots of questions to be sure the interviewer instructions and instructions on the case study are consistent.

Interview Questions

• Will have to present a case study that is very ambiguous. Ask lots of questions to be sure the interviewer instructions and instructions on the case study are consistent.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKesson in March 2014.

Interview

I was screened by a recruiter who explained that she was just the first step and if I "passed" her screening then my resume would be forwarded to the local office for review. The interview included all of the typical questions. When the interview was finished, the recruiter replied, "Well, you obviously made it to the next round." But then shortly after she offered, "If you do not hear anything in the next week, just forget about the job."

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult however, the recruiter typed significantly more than I actually spoke, which made me conscious of not only what I was saying but my tone and speed of speaking. I could not guess what else she was typing, unless she was a bad typist and needed to go back to fix mistakes. It was intimidating to listen to her type long after I was done answering a question.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McKesson (Charlotte, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

Comprehensive interview with manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Terms were immediately satisfactory to all.

Vice President, Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Very thorough interview process, beginning with standard HR phone screening with behavioral interviewing questions. In house interview with 8 resources including hiring manager and his boss, peers, and 3 individual contributors one of whom was also a candidate. Final interview was an in-house presentation. No topic given.

Interview Questions

• No one question it the process including individual contributors that I would be managing was awkward and at times inappropriate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated vacation days and salary and was successful on both.

RN Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from an in-house recruiter the same day. He explained the interview process to me very clearly and followed up with me quickly.

Interview Questions

• No surprise or trick questions. All inquiries were directly related to my experience and my thoughts about my role with patients and other customers   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKesson (Scottsdale, AZ) in November 2011.

Interview

The staff was warm and you could feel the culture when you first walk into the office. The management really sincerely cares for her team and you can tell right away. I had three interviews before a decision was made. I was given feedback for each and they were open and honest about how many other people were competing for the position. I have been supported to success and loved the interview process here.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was made because of my small amount of previous experience inb that roll. No negotiation.

Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McKesson in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online, next day was contacted by a recruiter, discussed the job description and asked about my background. The following week, a second recruiter contacted me, interviewed over the phone for 30 minutes. My next step was a in person interview with the hiring manager, site manager and 6 other managers. Was not prepared for this huge interview panel.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe your background
      2. How did you find out about Mckesson?
      3. Tell my about your tech. Skills?   1 Answer

Associate - Finance Rotational Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Initial interview was a phone interview. I simply walked the recruiter through my resume, answered questions about my leadership experience, and explained why I was interested in McKesson.

My second, and final step, was two 30 minute interviews and case presentation at McKesson's corporate headquarters in San Francisco. They gave me a Stanford Business School case on a startup company, SKOLAR M.D. Acting as the CFO of SKOLAR presenting to the CEO, I presented my recommendations on ways to improve the company's ability to survive for the next 2 years and its ability to raised additional funds. The presentation was 15-20 minutes with Q and A afterwards. I interviewed with the VP of Investor Relations and a senior manager from Business Development. The senior manager from Business Development was an alum of the FRDP program.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult. I was pretty much asked about my interest in McKesson and my work experience   Answer Question