McKesson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.7

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Emeryville, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Submitted application via LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter within 3 business days. Set up a screening interview with talent acquisition (about 30 minutes of discussion about my experience, the position and the company). About a week later, she set up an interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager took a 30 minute interview with me (screening) and then at the end of the interview informed me that HR would contact me later in the week. About a week and a half passed before I saw that the job had closed on the original posting, so I followed up with my recruiter on the status of the application. She got back in touch within a business day that they would be moving me to another interview with the team/group director, which was set up within a few days.

I completed the interview with the director who then informed me at the end of the interview that there would be an on-site with approximately 5-6 rounds of interviews. They set up my itinerary within about a week to week and a half. Flight, hotel and transportation were all very considerately handled. About a day before the interview, the agenda of the interview changed to include a skills test and lunch with hiring manager and director in addition to the interviews with various representatives of other teams. I completed the on-site in about half a business day (4-5 hours) and left for the airport after lunch. The following day, I received a call from HR about an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a type of person that you don't get along with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not a lot that I thought needed to be negotiated. Competitive salary and benefits, flexible start date and great opportunity for my career.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Detailed interview process that can last up to 9 rounds. It helps to know someone in McKesson because resumes go into a black hole. Interviews are generally 30-minutes each, so plan stories and questions accordingly. A good question I asked extended the interview 20 minutes -- DO YOUR RESEARCH.

Negotiation

Fairly straightforward with positive results.

Director, Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson in April 2008.

Interview

The process went smoothly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes. Make sure you gross up any relocation benefits.

Accounts Payable Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Carrollton, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

The recruiter called and asked me to come in for a skills test. Called in for a panel interview six days later. The interview consisted of behavioral questions. The interview started 20 min late, interviewed by a department manager and her director. The questions were straight forward, I think I over prepared (made to much of the behavioral portion. Only 4-5 questions.) Just make sure you've come into the interview with multiple examples of your success stories.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McKesson (Charlotte, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

Was very caught off guard when I found out that 3 people would be interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with some one that has a different background than you, that presented a problem in the workplace?   Answer Question

Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McKesson (Carrollton, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Company recruiter screens first. Senior management is then brought in. Lots of questions... you have to showcase your accomplishments for sure... what have you achieved?

Negotiation

Really there wasn't any... advice: ASK LOST OF QUESTIONS and ask for what you thing you can earn.

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKesson in October 2011.

Interview

Was asked about Java related questions, how would i manage scope when late changes are pushed in.

Interview Questions

• The project is into last stage of developement and team found out a better alternative solution but there is no time, what would you do.   Answer Question

Business Process Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume on McKesson's website. Within 2 days, a recruiter contacted me. I initially interviewed with the Recruiter who did a first line screen over the phone. Then the hiring manager interviewed over the phone about three days later. I was then invited to the SF headquarters for a face-to-face interview with the lead of the group as well as another manager. I was given a case study, I had an hour to complete it, an hour to discuss it, another hour for an in-depth interview, and then finally an hour for a written assessment of my business acumen.

I was invited back for a final round interview with the team where they took me out for lunch, then I interviewed with two managers, then another interview with the hiring manager, and the final interview with the VP of the group. I was then told that they will get in touch with me within two weeks.

I didn't hear back from them within two weeks so I contact the recruiter who then informed me that I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with cross-functional teams?   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you influence individuals you do not directly supervise?   Answer Question
    • If you were offered the position, where would the first place you would look to add value to the group?   Answer Question
    • How do you plan to network within the organization?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKesson (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with the HR Manager first. Afterwards I met with the some of the supervisors where they asked the majority of the situational and behavioral analysis questions. The interview lasted about 1-2 hrs in total. Be prepared to have multiple answers for strengths, weakenesses etc. Make sure to have prepared situational examples, so your answers are not repetitive. I impressed the HR Manager by asking a final question regarding the overall culture and what to expect within different branches and the company's standard as a whole.

Interview Questions

• What are THREE weaknesses and strengths?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson in February 2008.

Interview

Group interview is good.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none