McKesson Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Manager

Create your profile to get personalized information

McKesson Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at McKesson

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at McKesson (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Typical situational interview. Prepare for hiring managers to be up to 30 minutes late to start the interview, all were in jeans and t-shirts. Reception staff and recruiters were very nice and very professional. Frequent rescheduling of interview dates and times. Extended the process by several weeks.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. The most unexpected was the managers just reading from a list of questions and really having no eye contact or true conversation with the interviewee. Walking through the work area the staff seemed very disorganized and it was very loud. It did not appear that any special event or activity was going on so this may be the normal day to day environment.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McKesson

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I interviewed at McKesson (Richmond, VA) in May 2009.

Interview

The interviewers didn't seem to have enough time to interview me. It was an easy interview, with basic questions that asked me to think of examples from previous employers of how I achieved certain goals. It would have been nice to been able to know more about the lack of culture that this company has during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• It was all, give an example of when you led a team to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation

they only negotiated the signing bonus, not the base salary.

Manager Interview

Interview

I was brought in via recruiter. It was a very standard interview. I only met two folks and has phoned the following day with an offer with a 24 hour expiry.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather turn in something late and finished or turn it in on time and incomplete?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

It is important for anyone interviewing to know about "targeted selection" process. They are trying to see if you hit the target - meaning describe how you can do the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn.
    Had phone screen with recruiter #1. Basic questions about years in my role, levels dealt with, ability to work in US, etc. Was told that the manager of the role was difficult.
    Had second phone interview with recruiter #2. Went over my resume, the set up of the dept. and more information about the role and hiring manager. Was advised that the hiring manager had a "different communication style" and was short, but still a good manager.
    Had phone interview with the hiring manager. Was asked about levels I worked with, programs I managed and their outcomes, times that I had to push back on a senior level person, and times when I was over-ruled by senior mgmt and why/how handled.
    Recruiter #2 reached out to me afterwards and said next steps will be on-site interview, I should hear back in a week. I did not hear back so I reached out, was told they were still interviewing and had some internal interest they now had to interview.
    Due to many years of interviewing I realized they would be passing on me so i thanked the recruiter for all their time.

Interview Questions

• When was your idea over ruled by senior mgmt? Why was it and how did you react?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McKesson (Atlanta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough and lengthy. Involved several phone call interviews, and two of face-to-face interviews. Interacted with no less that 8 individuals, felt the interviewers were very prepared and interested in the process. Tough, but great experience.